ssi or padi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scapa Flow live-aboard next week, plenty of cheese and chocolate,draft beer on board, no red-shirts, never thought I'd say I'm pleased not to be in Thailand.

Scapa Flow live-aboard next week, plenty of cheese and chocolate,draft beer on board, no red-shirts, never thought I'd say I'm pleased not to be in Thailand.

You will love that. I hope you get good weather, the diving at Scapa is superb. No Curfew there either, Chonburi is one of the 23 provinces with the state of emergency enforced so all Pattaya bars, shops etc closed and everyone to stay indoors between 9pm and 5am, bundle of fun that is.
I waiting for confirmation of my flight back, early next week for my annual summer holiday, and also looking forward to getting some diving done. Lets hope all the nonsence is over soon. Pattaya is absolutely dead, very few tourists at all.

You will love that. I hope you get good weather, the diving at Scapa is superb. No Curfew there either, Chonburi is one of the 23 provinces with the state of emergency enforced so all Pattaya bars, shops etc closed and everyone to stay indoors between 9pm and 5am, bundle of fun that is.
I waiting for confirmation of my flight back, early next week for my annual summer holiday, and also looking forward to getting some diving done. Lets hope all the nonsence is over soon. Pattaya is absolutely dead, very few tourists at all.

I hear Koh Tao is the same, my mates are worried they'll stop the ferries soon and that means no Heineken.

Are people observing the curfew? is the Marine Disco really, really shut?

I hear Koh Tao is the same, my mates are worried they'll stop the ferries soon and that means no Heineken.

Are people observing the curfew? is the Marine Disco really, really shut?

Yes, everything closing at 9pm or soon after. Some places such as the disco's etc that are not usually getting going untill around 8pm are simply not bothering opening. From what I can see its being enforced, my mates bar was still open with only 2 customers the night before last and the authorities were going around checking and made hime close up just after 9pm.
Big queues in 7/11 for beer etc around 8:30pm. Its really strange to see Pattaya like this, a new experience for us all. Dont want it to last too long though.
They even been around and told all the motorbike taxi's they must stop at 9pm.
How to completely destroy an already very quiet low season in one easy lesson!!!!

Well. if my experiences are anything to go by, Shark Point is a terrible site.

I went there in 1989, i was promised good vis and sharks and we had neither, the waves were big, and the dive breifing was poor and i got lost. The food was too spicy, the boat was slow so we got there late and the DM said the other boats must have scared the sharks away.

And i lost my knife, if anyone finds it please let me know.

Don't know why I enjoyed the day regardless.....................

Didn't have internet forums to moan then, so I'm starting now.

:rofl3:

That was the year I came to Thailand.
When I was young and handsome and still had lots of hair.
You must be a really old fart then.

You should give Shark Point another chance. It's one of the few dive sites that actually has gotten better over the years.
Bring your speedos so you don't stand too much out of the crowd...

The only "few" we have are tourists.

LOL
Think thats same same everywhere in Thailand at the mo. Particularly central Bangkok.
Seen many low seasons, but this year is absolutely dead. a big percentage of farrangs you see in Pattaya at the mo are the ones that live here, very few tourists at all.

:rofl3:

That was the year I came to Thailand.
When I was young and handsome and still had lots of hair.
You must be a really old fart then.

You should give Shark Point another chance. It's one of the few dive sites that actually has gotten better over the years.
Bring your speedos so you don't stand too much out of the crowd...

I've been back loads of times since, and it was fine. the point I was trying to make is that even crappy dives with crappy operators are OK, you can still have fun.

Do those little morays still buzz divers?

I'm still young and handsome, and with all my hair. Phuket ages divers prematurely but we can't go into that again.............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom