Strange noise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it happen when you breathe on the surface for a few minutes? My second stage sometimes make a strange noise, I was told it is due to a diaphram flapping. It happens to me more on the surface than underwater.

This happened to a buddy of mine just two weeks ago. Turned out to be a bad O ring on the tank.

:coffee:

It happened to me in Curacao a few years ago. Turned out to be a hole in my BC bladder.

I think we scared him away...

I think its more then the pressure that upsets the gremlin. Its that it is massively reproducing as your never to get them wet. They will scream, and split forming two when hey get wet.....GEZZZZZZZZ didn't you ever watch that movie.

you must be right, and the gremlins have now got him!

Maybe he figured out that it was the bean burrito he ate the night before.......:D

Last edited:
It is a shame he only posted once, and never supplied further info. some of the wise cracks might have scared him off, but people were trying to help, and be humorous at the same time.

My Sherwood Blizzard regs always have a tiny bubble stream at the first stage. Part of their design, but it is so small it makes no sound.

A BCD will gurgle periodically if it is overfilled, such as with a stuck inflator valve, but I am sure he would have noticed such a problem.

Wish OP would return and update his post, so everyone could learn.

The OP hasn't been on since he posted his question. He hasn't even read the first reply.

Just another drive-by poster.

Does it occur with positional changes, or spontaneously? How long does the noise last? Where was the leak noticed? Is the noise coincident with your breathing patterns? How loud is the noise?
Why is the sky blue? Which came first, the chicken, or the egg?

:D

It's spontaneously. I'm not sure about my breathing patterns. I will have to pay more attention next time. I'm a new diver so it's a bit of sensory overload while I'm down there. The noise isn't very loud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom