Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rork,

All that you need to do to download multiple computers on DM4 is select the drop down menu at the top of the screen that is next to my dives. Select "gear" in the drop down menu and the downloads will be per computer and not by date.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Since Suunto doesn't listen to their customer complaints. Specifically about the DM4 software I decided to vote with my wallet. I just bought 2 ScubaPro Galileo Luna's to replace my perfectly good Suunto Cobras (first generation). When I sold the Cobras on ebay I included a disc with DM3. DM3 was not perfect but it met all of my needs.

7 years ago we purchased two complete sets of Agua Lung gear. All that's left are 2 titians and one bc. We've replace the gear with ScubaPro. If you were to care, you could say thank you DM. I'm sure ScubaPro thanks you for your lack of response to customer complaints.

Bye Bye AL.

You guys are lucky...I can't even get the software to install!! Puts me in an endless loop of downloading, file missing message, downloading....called tech support and was given a different file to download...same thing..they will get back to me in a few days!! Guess I wll look elsewhere.

This is beyond incredible and unbelievable. It is comical now. What is so freaking difficult about making this type of software??? What a shame when considering that the computers themselves are great. Atomic, SP, etc. sound much better.

I still can't use their new program as a front end to a database, as the said they would do a year ago. But I will learn to suck their data in to my own database with the fields I want to track, so maybe in a bit I'll be able to provide such a thing to the community.
Maybe somebody already has ;^})

Yep, there are multiple softwares that read your DC:
Diving Log 5.0 (not free, but very good, Windows) Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen
Subsurface (free and open source, all platforms) Subsurface | An open source divelog
Macdive (Mac only, not free, but good) MacDive

I have a cobra one and I cant get it anything from it. I got it in trade and dont know what to do. It sounds like the software.

I am amazed that nothing substantial has changed since I was last on here. It seems like some non-divers at Suunto in a boardroom have decided that divers and cyclists and runners all want the same thing, and they have tried to squeeze all into a software package. I can't believe the arrogance of the company, persisting with DM4. It demands 3rd party software like MacDive, which is excellent, by the way. Anyhow, watch Suunto go the way of Nokia and SAAB. I will never buy another Suunto computer, unfortunately I have 2 and the amount of diving I do doesn't warrant a further purchase!!

Tom, I just came across your post. I would like to see a follow-up or response please if possible. My personal email is gbayus@earthlink.net. As an instructdor, I have used a variety of differenct computers. So many students are pushed towrds Suunto Cobra's, etc, I looked into the HelO2 and decided to purchase. I wanted a technical level computer with wireless integration. There are not many choices out there. Sunnto developed a good product with TERRIBLE features including moving away from a stand alone dive software. The 2 bar graphs on the HelO2 are basically worhtless, as they are both hard to see 'and' the bar graph related to tank pressure is useless. One of the bar graphs shopuld show "Ascent Rate".....period. The fact that is shows reaming tank pressure and is hard to see anyway is useless. The remaining tank pressure should be the NUMBER present in the display and NOT PSI used. I have not seen a computer so "backwards". I would think a simple flash softeware upgrade could fix this for those that want it.

DM 3 was the start of descent software. DM4 IS NOT MEANT FOR DIVERS. I have found countless complaints about DM4 and MOVESCOUNT and request to go back to, enhance and support a stand alone dive management software. I have not found a diver who has a desire to share therir dives with the world !!!!! I have expressed my concerns with Suunto numerous times and as everyone else seems to opine, Suunto just responses with smoke up our _ _ _ !!! Suunto needs to Google reviews and complaints, etc on the internet, take note and listen. As it stands, I will go back to recommending ScubaPro, SWhearwater, etc. as more capable dive computers. I don't think what anyone has asked for is too much ........... Jerry Bayus, PADI MSDT/OWSI, DAN Instructor, PSI/PCI Viz Certified Inspector.

Anyone know any place to get the DM 3? Also I cant get my win 7 or 8 laptops to read my cobra any ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom