Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Join the many divers who owned a Suunto computer and could not get satisfactory customer care(?). I switched to Scubapro like most of my dive buds. I bought a Black Tech Meridian wrist mount AND a Aladin 2G puck for my console. SB'er Beaver Divers was the dealer I delt with. Just my experience...
Dive safe,Have fun!
KT

does anyone know where I can download dm3 its much better than dm4

I just downloaded 3.1 from this site:
Suunto Dive Manager (SDM)

and it seems to be working fine for my old Vyper. I should add that I first tried DM4 but it would not recognize my old cable so I was forced to look for the DM3.

I just downloaded 3.1 from this site:
Suunto Dive Manager (SDM)

and it seems to be working fine for my old Vyper. I should add that I first tried DM4 but it would not recognize my old cable so I was forced to look for the DM3.

I've been struggling for awhile to get DM4 to recognize my new Vyper Air. DM3 worked great with my old Vytec DS. The latest customer support email I got from Suunto suggested I download a certain driver because there was "a glitch with Windows". The driver caused a catastrophic crash of my 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I'd love to use DM3 with my Vyper Air but it won't recognize it either. Grrrr.....

I've been struggling for awhile to get DM4 to recognize my new Vyper Air. DM3 worked great with my old Vytec DS. The latest customer support email I got from Suunto suggested I download a certain driver because there was "a glitch with Windows". The driver caused a catastrophic crash of my 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I'd love to use DM3 with my Vyper Air but it won't recognize it either. Grrrr.....
Suunto DM3.1 is working perfectly on my Win7 x64 laptop and Vyper Air is in the list of recognized computers

Well, after reinstalling Windows 7 and finally getting my computer up and running again, I decided to give DM4 another try. I reinstalled it without too much trouble. The computer needed to reboot several times but it didn't crash and I didn't get any error messages. I launched DM4, plugged in my Vyper Air which automatically switched into the data transfer mode, and nothing. DM4 doesn't see it connected. What am I missing here?
For what it's worth, I installed DivingLog 5.0 and got it to download my dives in about five minutes so I know it's not a driver/cable issue.

Last edited:
cdoyal,

I am waiting to speak with the software team about this issue. They have been notified, and I will have a response for you asap.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

IMHO the software is really not worth the trouble and is messing with the Mac software. I have an issue with DM4 for about a year now, it crashes. even after loads of reinstalls etc. It also needs Mono to run, on the Mac this puts a kex file dep in your system. removing it requires you to work with Terminal. not my favourite for any piece of software. I opened several tickets with Suunto and besides the automated reply you hear zip. I kept asking for a reply and once they asked me to post a crash report. since than again defening silence.

Suunto used to be brilliant in the service, like Uwatec before they got bought by a 'big fish'. now they just do not understand how it works in the market, profit driven not client driven.

Next computer for me? Not a Suunto!

If you want brilliant free software that allows you to ad information to each dive check out Subsurface ( Subsurface | An open source divelog), open source, excellent support, free and works with any cable (not like DM4 that does not like some of the much cheaper non-Suunto cables on the market), just make sure you have the driver for the chip in your cable loaded in your OS. I use the smart interface cable now, excellent (Smartinterface - Ihr Webshop für Tauchzubehör).

Sorry Suunto I used to be a fan, you lost me.

PS as you see on Aug 2012 a Suunto person posted and since zip.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom