Tanks

Which tank do you prefer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This post is just to see what people prefer and why to help out other newbie divers like myself see why people choose certain things for that particular reason.
that is all

Sorry, I agree about your poll being limited.

I've been using steel HP 80's for about 15 years. They are a lot more "standard" than your surveyl seems to imply.

I love my HP 100s. (Used one at a time). Lots of air, good buoyancy characteristics let me take several pounds of lead out of my weight pockets, shorter length makes good trim easier to achieve, and even though I'm only 5'2" it doesn't hit me in the head or hang off my butt, and I can carry them at arm's length (just).
YMMV.

I started out with a single al80. When I Got comfortable with that I bought two single lp72's to try a steel tank. When I got comfortable with the single 72 I made a set of doubled 72's. I now own two single al80's, a single steel 72 and a set of doubled 72's. I bought all of my tanks used because I got good deals on them and these are all that has been available to me locally (and untill now have only dove wet and didn't want to push too much weight on my back). I am pleased with all of the tanks I own. My only complaint is the double 72's are so short it is difficult to donn and doff with my single web BP/W.

I tend to be a little head heavy with double LP85s, although I believe I'll have that fixed soon. I wouldn't want to deal with anything shorter, so of the three, I'd choose the LP108.

Of course, there are also some old timers who consider anything over 2400 psi to be "high pressure". LOL

Don't you mean anything over 1800 psi is high pressure?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom