Teeth problems in SCUBA divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Calling all divers !
We at the University of Rochester's Eastman Institute for Oral Health are conducting a survey to assess teeth problems in SCUBA divers.
As the pressure fluctuates during a dive, divers teeth can be affected. We are conducting a short survey to gather information which will benefit divers and dentists. We need you help to reach our goal of 3000 divers !
Please participate and share this survey 'Assessing the prevalence of dental symptoms in SCUBA divers' with divers in your network.
Here is the link to the survey:Scuba Divers
For more information do not hesitate to contact us at:Word of Mouth - University of Rochester Medical Center

Done. I'm wondering, though, if dental problems related to scuba diving aren't more likely to be caused by having a piece of plastic in your mouth for hours at a time, instead of pressure fluctuations.

Also, I notice that you have all the tech agencies on the drop-down menu, but when you ask for highest cert level it's just OW/AOW/Rescue/DM, but the tech certs are missing. I would guess that if you want to infer something about the kind of diving someone is doing, knowing that he or she has a cave or trimix cert will tell you much more than whether someone is AOW or Rescue.

Last edited:
Finished. I have to say that I doubt any of my dental fillings were caused or aggravated by diving.

Done. Age (started diving 10 years ago at 51) probably had more to do with any tooth problems than the usually shallow shore dives I do.

Done (and my first post here)

Welcome to Scubaboard. A great place to find loads of knowledge

Done and good luck, I'm not sure what you are hoping for but your questions didn't really cover the dental/jaw issues I've had diving.

Ben

Done

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom