The future of this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve R:
Well, George did say that a certain former GUE Instructor does no real diving and didn't know shiite...lol.
NWGratefulDiver:
On the other hand, there are a few folks who just shouldn't have access to a keyboard, whatever their certs. For a number of reasons, they just aren't willing to communicate on the Internet without insulting people. Those are the folks who give DIR ... and anything else they promote ... a bad image ...
'Nuff said ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

lol,..uhuh.

To understand the guy you need to get Cobb's description of how he got that way.

Try to understand the man, Bob :wink: Feel his love.

Hey Lynne, I wholeheartdly support the idea of you moderating, especially by a moderator that I would consider sane and level headed.

If the idea is to share and increase understanding of DIR and be useful and helpful to all of it's users, then I vote for you to just moderate as you have been. In the various groups that I'm involved in there will always be a very few individuals that will just plain cause trouble and have no intention of having a positive impact in the area. Reducing their impact helps the rest of the divers.

In the SF Bay Area, we have ba.diving moderated by Chuck and it's been a very useful group to be part of for it's 1000s of divers. Mudslinging and trolls are kept to a minimum. Also, no one is allowed to be anonymous. Funny how we get more responsible with what we day when we identify ourselves. :)

Any project that becomes successful becomes successful because of a few individuals that lead the activity. A group without leaders generally deteriorates and dissolves from what I've seen.

Meng_Tze:
not according to some......according to some, you have to have cave 1-2-3 and tech 1-2-3 in order to 'understand'.:shakehead:

GUE instructors have to hold higher certs than the level they teach at. Similar "expertise" should be followed when posting in the DIR forum.

There are some posters :bablefish who post so frequently and with such authority that some people start to believe them even when the "authority" is wrong. :no

jeffkruse2000:
GUE instructors have to hold higher certs than the level they teach at. Similar "expertise" should be followed when posting in the DIR forum.

There are some posters :bablefish who post so frequently and with such authority that some people start to believe them even when the "authority" is wrong. :no
Regardless of their "authority," I usually give more credit to people who post the reason why- then I can decide if their answer is right, wrong, or just repeated. :D

Steve R:
Well, George did say that a certain former GUE Instructor does no real diving and didn't know shiite...lol.

So if that's true, then possibly nothing is going to be enough for some end-of-the-line type guys... :kicknut:
You are probably right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom