The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
If they sent the wrong thing, they should eat the shipping.
I agree with that for all businesses...not just LP...

Someone in the diecast industry shipped me the wrong car for X-mas....called them up, and compared product #s....they sent the wrong one....he then overnighted me the right car with a return label for the original.

I'll gladly order from them in the future.

I just had a run-in with them, too. My mother ordered a few small items for me for Christmas from them, and I decided that I would like to exchange them for other items (without telling my mom). I called and asked if I could do that, and told them that these items were purchased as a gift. I was told no problem, they could take the items and credit the amount to me for a reorder. I got the RMA #, put a note in the box detailing everything, and put my phone number saying to call me if there were any problems. Well, two days ago I called to see if it had been received and credited, and I was told that they had just credited back my mother's credit card for the return. grrrrrrr!

I too had a similar thing, i knew what i wanted to order, i found it, ordered it, checked it, waited for it (they do generally ship fast - but why the extra cost if you are so close???), received it and found that it wasnt what i ordered - missing a little kit, but the shipping costs alone were the difference between the cost of the missing parts at my LDS and LP - so why bother. I do think at times they can be slap-dash about ordering and putting things together to send out the wrong items. As for shipping costs i was upset at the time, and wanted them to pay for shipping back the wrong item and sending me the right package - they didnt want to, so i just kept the original as i can get the parts elsewhere with less hassle. In this case i probably should have bought at my LDS - you live and learn, however i dont like the way they do business so i wont be with them anymore. I spend a tiny (maybe 5%) more at my LDS's than i would at LP, dont have to pay shipping, but i do have to pay sales tax (at least that goes back into my area - mostly) - this is because i am building up a good rapport with the LDS's. I have an offer on the table where i am getting Apeks regs for 30% off and dive-rite for 15% off msrp, which is fine by me. I also can buy tanks (a little over the average price) but i get free fills in them for a year - at $4 a shot that pretty much pays for itself over a year!!! Cant get some of that at LP

Perhaps you should forward this over to LP, to let them know that you were unhappy with their service. You can't expect them to get better unless they know what they are doing wrong. They also have a rating on Bizrate.com that you can give them marks. Right now they have a 8.8 out of 10, with over 5000 reviews in the last 4 years.

http://shop.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/merchant_detail__mid--20881.html

Just curious but you said "( I wrote down name , order# everything) say "thats what you ordered"".

Did/Does LP send you an e-mail order confirmation?

Scuba.com sent me one for my camera order. It reflected what I ordered, what I printed off the order screen, and what I received.

I ordered some jackets as gifts for christmas from another company. Reviewing the confirmation I saw that I was to receive two medium jackets instead of two large ones. A quick e-mail and within 10 minutes I had a revised confirmation and received the sizes I wanted.

good point. when you order from lp over the internet you get a receipt that shows exactly what you ordered. if they ship the wrong thing they eat the cost without argument.

If you tell LP something (at least in my experience) they ask if you want to return it (at your expense) or else "what do you want me to do about it, have a nice day", that attitude is what sent me the other way.

One time my friend ordered a bag from a mail order scuba place. When the package arrived, he opened it up... but instead of a bag it was a human head covered with festering boils, infected with some unknown disease. He died the next day, but the last thing he said was " I should have gone to my LDS.

I think we should be realistic when buying from an LDS or via the web. Bad things can happen. I would judge the LDS or webstore by the way they correct the initial problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom