The "Thanks" button is gone - Take II.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way I can read 37 pages of comments today, so I'll just throw in my two cents. :) I liked The Thanks Button (TTB). As a new contributor, that feedback was really encouraging to me -- encouraging that while new, I still had something of value to say and add. To see those who I was admiring click that button in response to what I had said... well, it let me know I wasn't as crazy as I was sometimes feeling. =-)

Also, with the plethora of information available out there (and often times a lot of different viewpoints and information in a single thread), I could build my own evaluation based on who else had used TTB. So while I may not be able to factually confirm all the technical information present based on my own knowledge level, I could look at who had thanked, and get an idea of the information's value or accuracy. One picked up quickly on the relations and cliques, and that too is information one can use!

I can't think of a single online community, not to mention one this large, active, and passionate, that doesn't have its fair share of personalities, **** stirrers and even the occasional blow up between otherwise reasonable people. So far... I must've avoided all the nasty stuff people allude to because I haven't seen much like that.

So, I for one will miss it.

Excellent post.

Thank You

blue-footed-boobies-14-b.jpg

Nice boobies!

hahaha +1.

How about:

Asshat!
The following users think you are a crank:
You're going to die!
Chicken Little!

and

Curmudgeon rating button.

The "You're gonna die!" button...

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I have totally given up on this issue and have decided that if we do get a thanks button back I will continue to use this picture instead.
thankyou.jpg
Feel free to use it as well!

I find that offensive as I feel that too many jungle animals have been left out and I see that as leading to polarization.

I have totally given up on this issue and have decided that if we do get a thanks button back I will continue to use this picture instead.
thankyou.jpg
Feel free to use it as well!

Reinstitute thanks button without individual cummulative results for all threads.

Good diving, Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom