Thinking about new fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiversL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hey everyone, thinking about purchasing new fins. I’m a DM so the usual power/stress/comfort factors are included. My choices are RK3, Eddy fin or aquabionic warp 1s , any suggestions?

I shall only impart my hard won wisdom regarding fins in exchange for knowledge in exchange: is that image in your avatar a tattoo?

I believe so, art in its purest form hahaha

Alright, here it is: my choice of fins is to get stiff, water moving fins, then trim them down a bit to fit my short stature and my suitcase. I am experimenting with this trimming in another thread labeled Flipper Nipping, if you care to search it. I will be adding a section on freediver fins next, so i don’t want to add link just yet.

An unusual choice of avatar these days, for the U.S. anyway, particularly for a non artsy diving forum. When you say 'I believe', I assume it is not your own tattoo. What drew you to choose it as an avatar for the scuba forum?

I have dove none of them, but perhaps a pointer to a tread discussing two of them would be worth satisfying my curiosity on the avatar. Tech fin options - neutral buoyancy?

Last edited:
That’s not me, just couldn’t find a good pic when i made the account :)

I’m twisted

What are you diving now, Mares? (my guess) That's a nice fin. You want stiffer?

SP Jetfins: negative and stiff as a board, there is honor in suffering.

DR XT's: neutral, stiff, and better foot pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom