Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It's been ages since I took a charter trip . What a normal amount for tipping on a two tank trip out of PCB?

$10 a tank seems to be the norm in most of North America. I’ll throw them more though for exceptional service.

Last edited:
All depends if you are renting anything, as they have to clean it, or fill afterwards. For $60 bare fee of 2 dives, I give $15, as I don't rent anything, bring my own tanks, and setup my own gear. Surely, anyone who requires a camera handed to them, etc, might need to tip more. $20 ($10x2 tanks) for a $60 trip is a bit excessive. It is like 33% tip. $15 is like 25% tip, which is an excellent % for a tip in my book. The usual normal 15% is like $9.

Last edited:
I think $10 a tank for basic service is fair. Cameras, valet service, pick up should all up it. Now that we see it from the other side find that sometimes it is the know it all/been there type that can actually be the most demanding but somehow think they are totally self reliant. Then we have the people who listen to briefings, have their stuff (even if it is rental) where it should be and are a total pleasure. Guess which group takes care of the crew?

What happen if you dont tip?
In my country not used to get and give tips

Back
Top Bottom