we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In prepping for my suit to ship in the next ~2 weeks I'm putting all my misc accessories I'll need. For the SiTech Trigon, which size quick disconnect do I need for the hose? I'm seeing them in 1/4, 5/16, & 3/8.
Links in my post here; exact parts I ordered, worked great for both Trigon and LM tinkle

Edit: might have to spit on it to get it in, lol

Should of added the quick disconnects that I got. Not my idea as I stole them from @stuartv thread.
I bought 1 - McMaster-Carr
I bought 5 - McMaster-Carr

As for catheters I just got a 10 pack from Amazon to see if their size chart works for me, can always adjust.

Links in my post here; exact parts I ordered, worked great for both Trigon and LM tinkle

Edit: might have to spit on it to get it in, lol
Thanks. I tried those links before but duck duck go doesn't open them for some reason. Got it taken care of in chrome (yuck)

In prepping for my suit to ship in the next ~2 weeks I'm putting all my misc accessories I'll need. For the SiTech Trigon, which size quick disconnect do I need for the hose? I'm seeing them in 1/4, 5/16, & 3/8.
I imagine that would depend on how much you have to pee.

I imagine that would depend on how much you have to pee.

I think it's more about flow than the volume?
Both are limited by the hard connection at the valve. The ID of the hose is somewhat limited but can only allow X amount through based on what the valve can pass. Getting the right size coupler for the hose ensures proper fit and seal, not the volume, provided you're not going smaller than the valve inlet.

Well since you brought it up. Ill be trying out my pee valve for the first time this weekend. I'm wondering if I should do a "dry run" before just so I know what to expect while on the boat.
My very first experiment to see if all the plumbing worked was in the shower at home.

Well since you brought it up. Ill be trying out my pee valve for the first time this weekend. I'm wondering if I should do a "dry run" before just so I know what to expect while on the boat.
One of the keys is "controlled" flow. I would say more often than not, if you go "full blast" right from the start, you're gonna have some restricting and it's gonna hurt. Take it easy at first...trust me. ;-)

One of the keys is "controlled" flow. I would say more often than not, if you go "full blast" right from the start, you're gonna have some restricting and it's gonna hurt. Take it easy at first...trust me. ;-)
Until he/she gets comfortable with peeing inside drysuit, it will be slooowwww, waiting to sense if everything stayed connected. I know it was with me.

Until he/she gets comfortable with peeing inside drysuit, it will be slooowwww, waiting to sense if everything stayed connected. I know it was with me.
You pee... you think you might have peed yourself, you continue the dive hoping that's not true... mostly thinking about it throughout the dive, then you get out and see. Most of the time you win all dry... sometimes you lose.

The good news is, it's just pee. Easy to clean up and I think happens to everybody. I have had issues on 3 separate dives.

Fun fact... I've never peed in a wetsuit... but somehow I've managed to pee in a drysuit.. go figure. It gets better though... even to the point where you don't even think about it anymore and just let go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom