we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting my first drysuit with a pee-valve and I've been having trouble finding the correct size condom...

Should my "head" fit completely inside the condom tip so that no adhesive is touching it?

The size I got, once I start rolling, the adhesive part is still on my "head" and it makes removal quite uncomfortable..

I believe they are designed to go "all in". Mine doesn't, as I fit for the shaft. A thin wipe of Vaseline on the head will keep it from sticking there. I had to do this when I was using the wideband style. Now using the Spirit (I think) that doesn't have the adhesive quite as high. The removal wipes also help.

Getting my first drysuit with a pee-valve and I've been having trouble finding the correct size condom...

Should my "head" fit completely inside the condom tip so that no adhesive is touching it?

The size I got, once I start rolling, the adhesive part is still on my "head" and it makes removal quite uncomfortable..

I'm with @inquisit, I "try" to get as much in there but usually it's not all the way. I measure for the shaft also.

Can try Spirits, I like Rochester myself, but might give Spirits another shot. They're less expensive I believe.

I have never had a feeling of pain from removing a catheter unless there were hairs stuck, but even that's not the end of the world. How fast are you "ripping" the bandaid off? I just peel it off nice and slow.

I'm with @inquisit,

I have never had a feeling of pain from removing a catheter unless there were hairs stuck, but even that's not the end of the world. How fast are you "ripping" the bandaid off? I just peel it off nice and slow.
This.
Also, peel alongside, not pulling away from your junk.

This.
Also, peel alongside, not pulling away from your junk.

Yeah, I peel up one side and the other just follows suit. Easy peasy. It's not super glue, it's meant to be temporary and come off after a few hours anyway.

Really need someone to just make a video with a fake flaccid penis and put an end to all these questions... but my wife would ask a lot of questions if I had an Amazon order for a flaccid penis, and I really don't want to have that discussion:)

Can try Spirits, I like Rochester myself
I believe Rochester/Bard are the same company at this point. They make Wideband (probably what you meant?), Spirit, Ultra Flex, and perhaps other models.

Really need someone to just make a video with a fake flaccid penis and put an end to all these questions... but my wife would ask a lot of questions if I had an Amazon order for a flaccid penis, and I really don't want to have that discussion:)

Grad me one, I don't have a wife. If I bring a date home might make for interesting conversation though.

I'm with @inquisit, I "try" to get as much in there but usually it's not all the way. I measure for the shaft also.

Can try Spirits, I like Rochester myself, but might give Spirits another shot. They're less expensive I believe.

I ordered the wide bands. I've got some adhesive remover on order for next time.

I believe Rochester/Bard are the same company at this point. They make Wideband (probably what you meant?), Spirit, Ultra Flex, and perhaps other models.

Yeah, widebands. For some reason I didn't like the regulars.. probably because they have less glue, idk

Quick disconnect works great and is easier to do when on a boat or in the presence of others. I get all my fittings and hoses from McMaster-Carr...relatively inexpensive and work great!

As for catheters, I switched from Widebands to Pop-ons. The biggest difference is the Widebands have way more glue down the "shaft" which may be needed for some, but makes them harder to take off afterwards. I've found the Pop-ons stay on and adhered just fine for me, and they come off much easier than the Widebands. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom