What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrylowe, rather than just pointing out that discokat had misread Hank's post, you came back with another snarky answer, so terrylowe, you should own up to that snarkiness. For those who like folk wisdom: Two wrongs don't make a right, and when you wrestle with a pig, you should expect to get muddy.

But, but, but...it's a pet peeve! I don't get to get snarky??:confused6:

Oh....ok. My reply to diskokat was immature and unnecessary and yes, even snarky. Thanks discokat for loving the oceans and reefs enough to be passionate about it. :cheers:

I dive on my own boat and usually take about 3-4 divers with me. Biggest Pet Peeve: While almost everyone helps to load the boat, one person stands on the dock, staring blindly, acting like they don't know how they can help. It's not rocket science.....Grab a scuba tank....put it in the boat, in the tank holder...repeat....repeat....repeat.....

Mosquitoes!

So true and what about the guy that looks down his nose at everyone that doesn't have as many dives and thinks just because he a a few more it makes him so much more important. really your extra 5 dives than me doens't really matter dude

I don't have any pet peeves... I don't believe in keeping animals. I like my pets out in the ocean where I can visit them as often as I want and don't have to feed them or clean the aquarium!

New pet peeve as of this weekend: People who freak out about getting their feet wet while on a dive boat... a) It's a boat. b) You're a scuba diver... :bash:

Those more experianced divers who want everyone on the boat to know it. Like the ones who have to be the first off the back of the boat. Just got back from St. Lucia earlier this month and had 2 "more experianced" divers rush to get off the back of the boat, but failed to remember their intergrated weights.

Perhaps you actually didn't read my post since you seem to have neglected certain points I did make or maybe I should clarify them. I wasn't snotty but remarked upon his obvious sarcasm (which you seem to have either ignored or neglected to notice) and blissful tone.

Hi discocat, I really respect your attitude towards the ocean and the environment.
I do agree with knoweone's post on what really damages the reefs though. I've seen heavily dived areas in the Philippines with strong currents. And the barrel sponges are a bit worn around the top edge from people hanging on so they don't get "blown" down current. And I've seen new divers kicking and crunching brittle staghorn corals. I pointed it out and let them know they were actually doing it. (they were oblivious)
But of all that I've seen in coral destruction, nothing compares to a hurricane or an El Nino (1998 certainly comes to mind with coral bleaching world wide), which is what I believe knowone was referring to. It's devastation. Perhaps the turtle and ray examples were a bit misleading.
Anyway, sorry for the confusion everyone. Happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom