• Spit the company

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 500 PSI

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • Homemade

Votes: 41 15.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. Baby Shampoo works great. I've never tried dish soap but I do like the fact that baby shampoo doesn't burn your eyes and it's cheap.

Kraken Spit !!!

It works so good that Johnson & Johnson stole the chemical properties from the ancient Kraken and used it as baby shampoo!

The NERVE of those people . . . ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! !

the K

spit - the greener the cleaner

Spit.

It might be $36 for a 3 oz. bottle, but it's Sea Drops Titanium

This stuff really works. Hard to get in the US, though. Mostly I've seen it in Japan.

Another vote for baby shampoo. I've never found anything that works better, and it's dirt cheap.

Spit. Cheap. Simple. Reliable. Effective.

Before I put my mask away after a dive I spread a few drops of baby shampoo and it dries there, ready for the next dive.

Also, I have a well seasoned mask that I cleaned with toothpaste and flame two years ago and it hardly fogs up ever, that in a variety of water temps from 42 to 86 F.

I will use spit, also works well, but it is sometimes hard to secrete enough after a first dive breathing dry air.

I love the 200 foot viz stuff . . . it's good enough to defog the mask for multiple dives (or to set up your backup mask to be fog-free, should you require it). But since I'm about half brain-dead when gearing up and never remember to USE the stuff, spit ends up being the defog of choice most of the time.

Sea Drops. When the bottle is half empty, add water to fill it again and it still works just as well. Three drops each lens, swish it around, lightly rinse. Repeat after each dive. Always works, extremely cheap, and not as disgusting as hocking a loogie on a crowded rocking dive boat.

The real key is keeping the inside of your mask clean by using toothpaste on it every now and then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom