• Spit the company

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 500 PSI

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • Homemade

Votes: 41 15.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might be $36 for a 3 oz. bottle, but it's Sea Drops Titanium

This stuff really works. Hard to get in the US, though. Mostly I've seen it in Japan.

Kraken Spit - $2 for 12 ounces.

the K

Johnson and Johnson No Tears Baby Shampoo

I used mask de-fog that my instructor issued free to the class while in my open-water course...did not last to long....then I tried no tears baby shampoo...lasted about as long as the de-fog from class....now I use my very own salava from todds miracle salve company...it keeps my mask clear for the entire day :)

Mixture of baby shampoo and water is my favorite for diving, spit when I need to, but I also bought some scuba defog that I use for non-scuba uses that's called "Cat Crap." I bought it because it's a paste that I can use without rinsing.

And - I just like the name.

I use 200 Viz, when I have it. If not, I'm known to carry a bit of water in my mask and slosh it around when I sense fog in my mask. Learned that one snorkling and it stayed with me.

I would never spit in my mask.

Peace,
Greg

I had trouble keeping my Atomic frameless clear. I called Atomic and they suggested 500 psi. Seems to work well.

I use a 25-30% solution of....drum roll please....Baby Shampoo and Water! I keep it in a $1.99 Walmart spray bottle. Just don't wash it out of your mask before you put it on. Assuming your mask doesn't flood (I think most mask defoggers including spit will stop working if your mask floods), there's no reason why it shouldn't last your whole dive.

No more tears, baby!

I used to use baby shampoo. These days I use 500psi or Sea Gold. They are worth paying extra for. If you use 500psi or sea gold correctly, one application seems to last 3 consecutive dives. An application is so small that the bottle lasts you forever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom