What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Current is nothing to be trifled with....and bring a snorkle

Last edited:
On my dive Sea Stars on Steroids I have learned:

1) Don't practice skills and trying to have fun at the same time
2) Don't overload myself with tasks to do
3) keep improving communication with my buddy both on land and in the water even if that means repeating yourself to death and make your buddy roll his eyes
4) Don't ignore my gut feelings

Voila'

I need to set up my pony bottle as high in the straps as I can, so that I have sufficient hose length to be able to turn my head fully to the left.

My first cold water dive at 49F is NOT the same as the tropics!!
Learned I need to go dry and I bought a dry suit.

Trying it all again!

I learned your first ocean dive should not be with 8 ft swells! Feeding the fish is not fun, and no matter what they say about feeling better once in the water (which is true), you're right back to the same bad feeling when you surface.

I learned your first ocean dive should not be with 8 ft swells! Feeding the fish is not fun, and no matter what they say about feeling better once in the water (which is true), you're right back to the same bad feeling when you surface.

I went for years never getting seasick irrespective of the conditions until one fateful day in St. Maarten when the surface was around 8'. I fed the fish getting there and on the way back (to be fair the way back I just tried real hard to feed them but was unable). Since then, I have gotten better but I still rememeber it unfortunately. It all just adds character to your diving career :D.

We learned that we get very cold after an hour in 72 degree water after an hour with only 6 mm! Hawaii is cold this time of year

I learned that while looking for a dive site on your own boat, don't lean over the edge while holding your GPS without the lanyard on. You can't dive in fast enough to catch it. Also teach your wife the basics to operating your boat. She knew how to turn it off, but couldn't get it started and it was a long swim back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom