What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've learned that submerging with no visual reference can be a little unnerving the first time...

I learned I wanted to get back in the water for my next dive!

I remembered why I bought my drysuit (haven't learned to dive in it yet...) - at 80 feet, a 7mm feels like nothing, and 56F is already a bit chilly.

I learned that I'm very happy with the purchase of my new primary light....a Salvo Rat.

I learned that even in little to no surf, a rocky exit is still tough....and if you fall over, you should not do it in a place that an urchin is conveniently waiting for you to land.

LOL and here I hoped you learned from following me that the "leader" doesn't neccissarily know where he's going !

Posted via Mobile Device

I learned (again) that every dive has something new to offer - even on a site that I've dived over 500 times before. AND you should always take at least a grab frame, even if you know it will suck, coz the new thing you've seen might be something you really really want a photo of to accurately ID LOL

I learned (again) that I use more air when the water is colder and I'm dressed for warmer water! :D

Last edited:
I learned the same lesson as the OP - 62F without gloves isn't fun, even in a drysuit

Also:
*If you pressurize your rig and then sorta dump it in a corner, it's possible that the second may land in a way that the purge gets slightly depressed and you may find yourself w/1000 psi less air when you come back to it.
*If you smell gasoline as you enter the water, chances are NOW IT'S ALL OVER YOUR STUFF!
*Sufficiently strong winds WILL and DO blow your hood etc off the dock necessitating unsolicited swims .
*Just because your newfangled sidemount clip system works great on dry land doesn't mean it has a chance in hell of working once in the water.
*If you tear up one dry glove, Murphy says you'll also tear up the spare. Murphy is right. (see above)

Wasn't a good day..

I learned that a hood, gloves, 3mil fullsuit and the top of a 7mil farmer john all work together to make a dive in 63 degree water very comfortable... one might even say warm... Also learned that with all that rubber, you might as well plan to strap a car on your back, because you apparently can't get enough weight otherwise :wink: ....

Seriously though, the main thing I learned is that diving with a pair of buddies that look out for each other makes great diving all the more enjoyable and relaxing!

That an 800 foot reel is a PITA.

. . . that your buddy didn't put a clip onto and you had to hold the light as he ties a knot (with gloves on) around the anchor chain in 5 foot vis.

But I did learn to enjoy the moment, especially since it gave me time to pee.

Also learned that 4PM diving in a 70 ft deep Lake Erie wreck is the same as night diving - absolutely black down there (my 24watt HID was probably too bright).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom