What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned that duck guano is a slimy thing that gets into every crevice of dive gear and requires extra time to rinse clean.

My last dive had me be an unconscious diver on the bottom of a quarry while the rescue diver class did search patterns to find me and bring me out of the water.

Being a divemaster an feel like an IDC hazing.

ZKY, now that's real diving.

Well, I don't know if it was any more real than modern diving, with both styles you're breathing underwater doing a scuba dive.
But I can say diving old school sure gave me a taste of living history and how they used to dive. It was a hell of a lot of fun!!!

I can say it has really made just the simplest dives an adventure again.

I learned that just because you have enough weight to "PULL" yourself down an anchor line does NOT mean you have enough weight to cruise the bottom "WITHOUT" holding onto rocks with both hands.

Translation.. double check that some boat crew did not remove all your inner trim weights!

I was overweighted, (me too all the time :)), rented wetsuit was too tight which strained my breathing, not to laugh at your buddy underwater which floods your mask. Now shopping for a good wetsuit.

Greetings fellow SB'ers I learned on the Oct. 18th that side mounting tanks is really an awesome thing! It was easier to dive than I had thought and with a little tweeking my snaps it will be ready to roll. I will convert to din regulators of coarse and nail my hose routing down but was very pleased with the first run.
I found that trimming was really simple and going under obstacles that we use all the time to train others for buoyancy control was a breeze. Tight door ways are a little different but just simply turning sideways took care of it.
This was the first time I had time to devout to trying it out seriously with out time constraints or assisting with training. What a wonderful way to enjoy a dive with total redundancy, and plenty of gas! I have been waiting for some free dive time to play with it and I am really looking forward to some more time soon!
It is good to try something new once and a while to keep it fresh and keep us on our toes. I have found it to be very rewarding as well as expanding dive options for future dive opportunities. Enjoy your evolution everyone keep it real and take no prisoners!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I wasn't the one diving...i was on the boat at the time....but I learned that you need to do a good weight check when switching undergarments....expecially when switching to super hi-loft undies....they make you really floaty

I learned that the thermoclines (and cloudy haze beneath them) go away when the water gets down to 56 degrees.

And that a 56 degree dive for 50 minutes can be a lot of fun ... but a 56 degree dive for an hour would leave me unable to take my equipment off. When your hands aren't strong enough to hold your nose to equalize, call the dive.

And that my hands lose strength from the cold before I start to shiver.

Oh yeah. And that I'm psyched about the upcoming arrival of the dry suit. :)

Seeing as my last dive was the final UTD Essentials dive, what I came out of it with, was the ability to ascend from 18 ft to the surface making controlled 1 minute stops every 3ft, using only my lungs , and I also improved my awareness.

I just came back from diving in Indonesia last week and reading your post reminded me how much i hated that cold water, dry suit and lots of weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom