What is your definition of a Cattle Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But we get to eat the cattle in return.

I'm surprised that no one was remarked that cattle kill more people each year than sharks.
What I need to know is do cattle kill more people than falling coconuts? Am I more likely to die driving to the farm than by cows when I get there.

I feel like it is a cattle boat when I feel herded.

I have had my own method of dealing with those situations, whether on a boat or elsewhere. I grew up on a small dairy farm and can still make an excellent imitation of a annoyed cow. If done properly no one figures out where it came from.

Bob

Divad - He’s coming after you.
536781C9-84EF-405D-BE5D-AB01091317C4.jpeg

I've been pondering this myself, so I'm glad you brought it up. I wonder how many people would consider the SoCal boats I go out on, like the Magician, the Peace, the Pacific Star, etc. to be cattle boats. They always have more than 20 divers (sometimes a lot more) and the dive decks are extremely crowded, such that I often have to wait until the folks on either side of my space have geared up and gotten out of the way before I can squeeze in. There really isn't enough room in any one part of the boat for everyone to fit comfortably at once, but there's enough total space that it doesn't feel too crowded. Not everyone has to eat in the galley or at the exact same time. They give you a limited window to splash in but don't cut your dive short, and once you're underwater it can be just you and your buddy doing your own thing until you run low on air. The DM stays on the boat. I like it, but some people might not. Several people in the Conception thread expressed horror at the bunkroom, which is similar on the boats I've been on, and which I'll grant you could most charitably be described as "cozy."

Several people in the Conception thread expressed horror at the bunkroom, which is similar on the boats I've been on, and which I'll grant you could most charitably be described as "cozy."

Some folks get bunkroom and stateroom confused.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom