What is your gear configuration for solo dives less that 50’

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A8ECB715-258D-45FF-AFDB-3FBB80A8A74D.jpeg

@Bob DBF
This was today.
Pretty killer huh?

This has been a fun topic, I have enjoyed reading what others use.
:popcorn:

View attachment 746521
@Bob DBF
This was today.
Pretty killer huh?
Thanks for the photo, lovely to see where people are actually diving. And it's obvious no one is going to want to haul too much gear down there and you have to bring it back. I bring what I need to complete the dive and not one ounce extra. I dive dry neoprene so no BCD, no extra second stage and enough air when underwater, I can get all I want on the surface.

No, actually that’s a section of coastline between Bodega Bay and Jenner.
Cool. I've spent a lot of time diving from just north of Jenner (a place we called Red Barn) all the way up to Anchor Bay. I've never been diving between Bodega Bay and Jenner. Looks sharky. 😇. A friend of mine, Jack Likins, had 10 acres in Gualala where he built his home and a lot in Sea Ranch so up until abs got shut down I was up there a lot. He used to have some epic ab feeds. Before that, when I was in grad school in Sacramento many moons ago I would make the trek over to Ft. Ross and Salt Point several times a month to go diving. Good times.

Cool. I've spent a lot of time diving from just north of Jenner (a place we called Red Barn) all the way up to Anchor Bay. I've never been diving between Bodega Bay and Jenner. Looks sharky. 😇. A friend of mine, Jack Likins, had 10 acres in Gualala where he built his home and a lot in Sea Ranch so up until abs got shut down I was up there a lot. He used to have some epic ab feeds. Before that, when I was in grad school in Sacramento many moons ago I would make the trek over to Ft. Ross and Salt Point several times a month to go diving. Good times.
I never dived Red Barn - AKA cardiac hill. The first spot for me north would have been Fort Ross Park then the A frame right past Fort Ross. I’ve abalone dived pretty much every spot north from there up to Mendocino including a lot at Sea Ranch. My sister in law had a house at Sea Ranch so I would use her spare parking tag to park on SR property.
I’ve dived Elk (nice size abs) and several other points north. I never ab dived in Marin County though. And in all my ab diving years I never got a ten incher, the biggest was a 9-7/8”.
If things keep going the way they are with the closure there never will be a 10”.

I never dived Red Barn - AKA cardiac hill. The first spot for me north would have been Fort Ross Park then the A frame right past Fort Ross. I’ve abalone dived pretty much every spot north from there up to Mendocino including a lot at Sea Ranch. My sister in law had a house at Sea Ranch so I would use her spare parking tag to park on SR property.
I’ve dived Elk (nice size abs) and several other points north. I never ab dived in Marin County though. And in all my ab diving years I never got a ten incher, the biggest was a 9-7/8”.
If things keep going the way they are with the closure there never will be a 10”.
My buddy Jack has 25 10+ inchers he's gotten over the years. I was always in it for the meat so 8.5" was my biggest. I was a get in and get out kinda ab diver. He would spend hours swimming far offshore and making some incredible deep freedives. He's now 78 and we still dive together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom