What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crater Lake Oregon - altitude - snow - vis - hard work - friends.
Prinz Eugen - German Battleship (Sister ship to the Bismark) Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
Found a Golden Cowery @ 110' Oceanside Carlson, Marshall Islands

The greatest dive was my last deployment in 1997 on the submarine USS Norfolk (SSN 714), because I am now a free man.:rofl3:

The greatest SCUBA dive was last week on the Palace Wall in Nassau Bahamas.

Attachments

• PICT1133.jpg
    PICT1133.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 45
  • PICT1189.jpg
    PICT1189.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT1168.jpg
    PICT1168.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 38
There are so many great dives for so many reasons, but if you pushed for an answer I would have to say the PIT in the Cenotes,
no Dos Ojos Cenotes
or maybe Taj Mahal cenotes.

I know CENOTES Diving!!!

A tie: One on a 120 foot wreck off Panama City, FL where i found Cabrit's Murex and a Gold Mouth Triton and the other was at 130 feet on a wreck during Deep diver course. This was off Nova Scotia and I found quite a few perfect specimans of Norther Buccinums (whelks).

The absolutely best and most memorable dive I ever made was a 30 foot dive in Haigh Quarry about two years ago. The visibility was... well, quarry level... nothing spactacular occured... no heroics were involved and no rare or exotic fish were spotted. BUT, it was the first dive I ever made with my wife of 33 years (at the time) as my dive buddy. It was SO cool...

Best ever was at roughly; 11Ž°19′N 142Ž°15′E / 11.317, 142.25. I'd like to know how many have done it. Maybe a handfull.

Gary D.

Key Largo about three years ago. I had only about 15 dives and we dove the Speigle Grove in 4-5 footers and a hard current. Talk about fun? You betcha.

A couple spring to mind:
First drift dive in St Abs, England around 8 years ago - we got dropped in not expecting a current and we ended up around 200m away from where the boat expected us. It was a FAST drift!

More recently, all dives in the Maldives. They were the first with my wife for starters. Secondly the life I seen blew me away. One dive we seen a huge turtle cruising the reef above us, then we turned around to see a White Tip Reef shark swimming around about 10metres from us. I love sharks and to see this beautiful animal was amazing for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom