What's wrong with Split Fins??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid:
had to catch up in the current, it was no fun, but I finally caught them.
So, you swam with the current?

dlndavid:
When you over shoot the boat, or like I did in Cancun, I got separated from the group on the descent in current as I couldn't equalize as fast, had to catch up in the current, it was no fun, but I finally caught them. The funny thing, my AOW instructor didn't even know I was missing :11:
You should have shot your safety sausage, and had the boat pick you up. :wink:

Another time, in Cancun we tried to drop on a wreck and the DM/Capt. missed the drop spot, we had to surface, I kicked like a mother on the surface to catch the trailing rope, It was about 6" away from my reach and the rope was sinking, just couldn't reach it.
So they left me to go pick up some other divers. I floated in the current until they came back to get me 10 minutes later, great AOW course. It was a little disconcerting to watch the boat get farther and farther away, but I did get to use my SMB. :D

At least they picked you up... otherwise, you may have had to hitch a ride on a blue whale :rofl3:

JeffG:
So, you swam with the current?
into the current, they dropped more straight down, I dropped slow and so at more of an angle, backwords.

ffestpirate:
Perhaps that was no accident:D
the instructor called in sick the next day and the shop gave me a Polo shirt. :D

howarde:
At least they picked you up... otherwise, you may have had to hitch a ride on a blue whale :rofl3:
or strap two sea turtles to my feet :pirate2:

Back
Top Bottom