What's your winter sports after the SCUBA season is closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well since my scuba gear is already packed up....I will be indoor rock climbing during the winter....and hopefully getting my butt to the gym more! :D

stop diving in the winter!? jeese, you can scuba dive all year round, and i only have a wetsuit! and i live in Canada! man alive, stop scuba diving for the change in seasons, i think not! although i camp in the winter, but i still manage to shovel through the snow to get to the water.

Considering that we have snow on the ground for 6 months out of the year...diving doesn't stop because of winter. Although it slows a little and is generally limited to shore dives since the water is very rough.

But I also snowshoe, cross country ski, and hike.

Let's see...when diving is done, I fish local lakes (ice fishing when they are frozen), skiing is always an option, hiking, ...oh, and I tried foraging for edible mushrooms this morning...but didn't do so well (most of the mushrooms I brought home turned out to be poisonous :bluthinki ) Good thing lobsters don't have a poisonous look alike :D

You folks have winter? Why here we dive year-round. No need for a second sport with all the $$$ spent on the equipment. All the more for the essential dive equipment!

First winter diving for me, so I am not sure how long I will be able to go. I plan to go as late as I can without getting a drysuit this year, especially in the warm, tropical waters of Rhode Island.

About this time of year I start getting time to start kayaking regularly and will go until the water freezes. It's not bad in a drysuit but the end of paddle roll can leave you with a screaming ice-cream headache. I also do a fair bit of hiking and nordic skiing once it gets colder.

With a recent purchase of a drysuit I hope to be diving all winter. Either way I will also also be surfing and skiing...

Tahoe doesn't freeze ("only" down to about 38 or so), so if you want, you can ski one day and dive the next. Or ski in the am and dive in the pm. The reverse may not be advisable, since then you are essentially "flying" immediately after diving, since the lifts take you to about 10K feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom