Which BP/W system to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not scarred off yet, just trying to take it all in, I think from the info given above I will go with a basic HOG harness to start off with, from the recommendations given I will be buying it from Tobin.

Cheers

BTW I'm 24 (not sure if that makes me a kid or not?) just getting into diving and wanting to not make the mistake of purchasing gear I don't need because it looks fancy.

So thanks for clearing up the differences and uses as well as philosophies involved.

I think you'll be quite pleased with your purchase. Report back after a few dives and let us know your thoughts!

bennybuoy....definitely let us know the end result. I also highly recommend actually "learning" how to use a bp/w properly. Once you do you'll LOVE it!! Good luck!

Some parts of this discussion were very informative. I have a Hollis Elite II harness and I just ordered a $25 one piece to try it out. For $25 I figure it can't hurt to try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom