Which regulator do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is adressed to cold water divers but WWW are also invited to answer.

which regulator do you own and why is it the best?

My old 1994 Dacor is about to be useless due to lack of parts availability and I just wanna see what are the options for a 99% deep and cold water diver like me.
i just got myself a pair of SP MK 17 / G250V
i couldnt be any more happier with any other reg
they work fntastic is super cold/ice water
i recently did dives in 40 degree water and no problems at all

which regulator do you own and why is it the best?

Hmm. Not sure whether my regs are "the best" but here goes...

Single tank rig: Scubapro MK20 (yoke)/S600/R390 - great performance and reliability (been using this set since 2001). Unbeatable hose routing options.

Double rig: Apeks FST (DIN)/XTX100 - again, great performance and reliability (most of my regs are Apeks due to simplicity, compatability with buddies' equipment and relatively low cost of servicing). Great hose routing. I use a couple of XTX second stages as I cannot find the older Apeks second stages anymore (really like TX50 second stage).

Stages/deco bottles: Apeks DS4 (DIN)/TX or ATX second stages (see above comment about Apeks).

ScubaPro Mk17/G250V.

Its worked absolutely brilliantly for me.

I wanted to get the Mk19 (which is the Mk17 with a turret) for the better hose routing but wasn't prepared to pay the rather exorbitant price for it.

I use a Mares Abyss 22. Had it with me on the dive in the Silfra Crack, Iceland. Water was 3°C (37.4°F) and I had no problem what so ever. Love it

Just got my Apeks XTX200+XTX50oct with DIR hoses.
I got it with DIN valves + yoke adaptor.
DIN for the vacations in the Maldives, yoke for the Sunday rec dives in Japan.

MK17/G250V is on it's way.

The availabilty and price were a factor at the end between similar performance regs.

Thanks for helping a libra make a choice :)

The Dive Rite Hurricane is the way to go it has a enviormently sealed 1st stage. In cold water that very important, man. And the best part, they don't call it the hurricane for nothing, this reg. breaths great! Try it, you'll like it!

TG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom