Why do we bash each other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe in feeding the troll. It eventually implodes.

Sometimes bashing might be perceived when posters are simply being brusque. Still offensive, but less personal.

As for why – maybe the brusque ones are unhappy about something (themselves?); and being brusque provides an outlet for their unhappiness. As one might mask a feeling of inferiority with macho posturing.

So let's be kind to the brusque. It's never fun to be unhappy.

This poster has said "Un-Thank You" to GeorgeC for this un-useful post.
This is the piont he was trying to get across was this comment realy necessary?I like to post so I can lean not be bashed for what I don't know.Or the mis undersanding of the knolage I have . None of us know avery thing

This is the piont he was trying to get across was this comment realy necessary?I like to post so I can lean not be bashed for what I don't know.Or the mis undersanding of the knolage I have . None of us know avery thing

Could you please quit typing "knolage"

Argument is not the problem. Arguments can lead to incredible discovery: both internal and external. The problem is pride.
I have found this very issue between my Local Dive Shops when they bash training styles and gear configurations. I also see it in my personality. If I think that I know something, I tend to try and "educate" others. The problem arises when my knowledge concerns opinion rather than a matter of distinctive truth. As a firm believer in absolute truth I have to remember that what I believe can not be as important as what is true. Realizing that we, as humans, do not have all the answers frees us from the arrogance that too often ensnares us.
I too often get this way with my wife and friends. I need to remember: "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man (1 Corinthians 10:12&13)."
We all want to be right. Why can't we remember that we are not all knowing.

Realizing that we, as humans, do not have all the answers frees us from the arrogance that too often ensnares us.
Indeed. Many of us come into a discussion to discover what is right, while a number of us come into the same discussion to prove we are right. Those who feel they have arrived at perfection no longer seek change, but conformity.

Evad,
The thread is not SCUBA related, per se. However, the thread is the backbone of the way we disseminate information on the board.

What does this mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Argument is not the problem. Arguments can lead to incredible discovery: both internal and external. The problem is pride.
I have found this very issue between my Local Dive Shops when they bash training styles and gear configurations. I also see it in my personality. If I think that I know something, I tend to try and "educate" others. The problem arises when my knowledge concerns opinion rather than a matter of distinctive truth. As a firm believer in absolute truth I have to remember that what I believe can not be as important as what is true. Realizing that we, as humans, do not have all the answers frees us from the arrogance that too often ensnares us.
I too often get this way with my wife and friends. I need to remember: "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man (1 Corinthians 10:12&13)."
We all want to be right. Why can't we remember that we are not all knowing.

That's what I'm saying exactly: (corinthians: part they didn't tell you about: "Yo. Ho, Ho and A bottle of rum." .......
and the rest of the parts they left out ............for propriety.

Back
Top Bottom