Will a Special Ops SCUBA Master Diver Card make me a badass mofo diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the "drown proofing" picture was a nice touch. Doubt, for some reason that everyone showed up there in UDT style swim trunks though...

It would appear then that none of the pictures are from their classes, the video isn't from the class, the bio's aren't actually "SpecWar" - I'm just more than a bit leery of what a "student" would actually learn or receive in the way of "skills".

I have friends - Air Crew, SERE grads etc - I'd not run to them to learn anything new when it comes to water either.

5683231519_b08a34b8b0_b-e1360276863724.jpg

YMMV....

I thought the "drown proofing" picture was a nice touch. Doubt, for some reason that everyone showed up there in UDT style swim trunks though...

Probably not, but consider the prepper types this is marketed at. I'm sure they all drove their beige Hummer2s to get to that pool :D

Apply for the navy and try to get into the navy seal program and go through hell week, then come back and tell us about it. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gets me is that none of the personnel listed are Special Opns types. A SAR swimmer a pilot that worked at a ANGLICO unit and a sport diver that really likes to dive.

This is a ripoff from those of us that did serve and go through the real training and serve in those SOF organizations. If it was a bunch of Former SOF running and teaching the training I would say good for them. Too much Airsoft in it for me.

ust my 2 cents.......

I did a bunch of that type of high speed, low drag training for real in the early 80's. I'm no more offended by this class than I am by all the special ops video games people play. The difference here is that people have to get off the couch and do something for real.

It's entertainment disguised as a military experience. A couple hours, a few hundred bucks, and another fantasy fulfilled.

I did a bunch of that type of high speed, low drag training for real in the early 80's. I'm no more offended by this class than I am by all the special ops video games people play. The difference here is that people have to get off the couch and do something for real.

It's entertainment disguised as a military experience. A couple hours, a few hundred bucks, and another fantasy fulfilled.

Love this post.

Special Ops Scuba

"...Once you’ve completed the training missions, you are rated Special Ops Scuba Master Diver..."

Does it mean that I can legitimately wear black dive gears without feeling self-conscious?

Does it mean that the dudes with PADI/SSI/NAUI MSD cards would faint before my awesomeness?

Does it mean that I don't have to wear a Rolex dive watch to pick up chicks in bars any more?

Discuss...
MON--I honestly thought you were taking the mickey (pokeing fun) at us.

Special Ops Scuba

"...Once you’ve completed the training missions, you are rated Special Ops Scuba Master Diver..."

Does it mean that I can legitimately wear black dive gears without feeling self-conscious?

Does it mean that the dudes with PADI/SSI/NAUI MSD cards would faint before my awesomeness?

Does it mean that I don't have to wear a Rolex dive watch to pick up chicks in bars any more?

Discuss...

Only if you stick the card to your forehead like Blind Man's Bluff Poker. :wink:

Maybe the Special does not mean Military. Perhaps it's small-bus special, or my mother says I'm special.
Relax, it's like underwater hockey. It is not disrespecting professional hockey players, it's just giving people a chance to do something different, fun and maybe educational in our favorite enviroment....the water. I like the idea. :)

I think you have hit the nail...

It does sound like a lot of fun if they don't take themselves too seriously.

Aside from the light bondage gear, I don't see anything different from what I used to make lifeguard trainees do...aside from a lower general level of physical fitness than that demanded of lifeguards, that is.

Akdeepdiver: you know they made the H "stealth" stuff just for this kind of course!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom