Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where did you shore dive? We had a hard time getting tanks when there was a port closure.
We were staying at Scuba Club Cozumel. They have pretty nice setup for shore dives with steps down into a pool, then you swim through a cut in the iron shore. They have an artificial reef made from the rubble of their old pier about 100 feet out. Depth is 24 feet. Great for a checkout dive and easy night diving. Though it might feel like Groundhog Day we still saw fun stuff each dive, day and night.

I always bring some long pants and a jacket in the winter ever since
Well, you need those for the trips to & fro in case you get stuck somewhere, but yeah an extra pair of long pants is a good idea in the wintertime.

It looks like that last front that chilled Texas lost power so this one that just arrived may not be followed by an immediate repeat. Windguru is looking better for Saturday now. Always subject to change.

WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

It looks like that last front that chilled Texas lost power so this one that just arrived may not be followed by an immediate repeat. Windguru is looking better for Saturday now. Always subject to change.

I read this to mean that you're personally guaranteeing pleasant dives with no interruptions by nortes, right @DandyDon ? :wink:

I read this to mean that you're personally guaranteeing pleasant dives with no interruptions by nortes, right @DandyDon ? :wink:
For June, sure. Wintertime is always a gamble. I don't see a front approaching the island on the weather front map, but Windguru sees some north winds Saturday and worse on Sunday. Subject to change.

If the port closes, come over to my hammock for a tequila shot or 2.....

It looks like the speed is marginal to OK but the wind angle is problematic. It really degenerates to what mood the Port Captain is in:

MPH:
upload_2020-12-1_20-29-57.png

Hope it opens as I lost 8 days last trip, down side head to the east side and drink heavily.

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-1_20-28-59.png
    upload_2020-12-1_20-28-59.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 45
Now the weather front is showing, the one that will try to blowout the weekend. I knew that it's going to be cold tomorrow in the Texas panhandle, but I guess the front hadn't formed yet. I see another one chasing it as well. It's that time of year alright...

WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

Hope it opens as I lost 8 days last trip, down side head to the east side and drink heavily.

We can drink on the west side ... or in Missouri! Hoping for calmer weather but will make the best of it.

I know it’s all a gamble but when “should” the Nortes become slightly less of an issue? February?

I know it’s all a gamble but when “should” the Nortes become slightly less of an issue? February?
Some February's seem to have a lot others none. I have seen them as early as October and as late as May and this only my eighth year of coming to the island. Its a grab bag. Last month only had one (?) but it also had a bizarre hurricane that practically orbited the island and caused 8 days of closure. Hopefully that was a one off event not to be repeated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom