Wrist computer to go with my Sherwood Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,
I have finally decided that perhaps I should get a AI wrist computer in addition to my Sherwood Wisdom 2. This is to have some redundancy as currently I don't have any other gauge, and also perhaps it would be more convenient. My Wisdom 2 has about 230 dives so I'm not sure how long it will work anyway (the light stopped working long time ago so the night dive is a little tricky).

I dive regularly but not beyond recreational diving. Setting it to Nitrox would be as much as I fiddle with it. I don't download data and I tend to forget all the complicated set ups so easy straightforward computer will do. It needs to light up for night dive but I'm guessing that's standard.

I would like however the wrist computer to be at least roughly in line with the Sherwood. That rules out Suunto as my husband has two and his always complain more than mine. I realise Sherwood is on the aggressive side, but a computer as different as Suunto would probably drive me crazy.

So for those of you with two computers - should I get the same maker (i.e. Sherwood Amphos) or is there any merit in getting a different brand? I'm willing to shell out for the right computer but it is a big investment.

Thanks!

HJ

Wisdom 2 runs DSAT, so does Amphos, they would match fine. So would any Oceanic dual algorithm computer running DSAT rather than Z+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C)

I've dived two computers for quite some time now due to a battery failure on a long deco dive with no bottom timer or other backup. Since then I've had batteries go out on one of my computers unexpectedly twice as well as actual computer failures so it was very beneficial to have both (mostly so I could log the dive statistics since I don't do much deco diving these days.

I use computers that differ slightly in their conservatism and don't worry about having the exact same readings on both. That way I have a range between my more conservative and my more liberal computers as a guide.

^^^^ Ditto

Back
Top Bottom