Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe he's talking about doing gas-switch extended no-stop dives?

45mtrs with stops and gas switching and then accelerated deco on anyhting between 60% Nitrox up.

Interesting thread, but what difference does it make. It's not like having been to a certain depth makes you a better diver or gives you some degree of respect.

I agree that the only reason to dive deep is to see something you couldn't see at shallower depths. Every individual has to decide when the increased risk of the dive is justified by its "benefits". For me, my deepest dive was to 254 fsw to get photos of the bow of the Carrie Lee on the wall in Grand Cayman. My housing is only rated to 200 fsw so I got lucky and it didn't flood. Trimix and a CCR made it fairly straightforward -- just a lot of deco!

I agree with everyone who says that our max depth is in no way a competition. It really doesn't make a difference, unless of course your free diving. I started this thread with hopes of getting some of those people that I've seen lurking around, to post their incredible max depths. Almitywife was in a thread that had pics of people with rebreathers who were heading down to the 400+ mark! That is insane and I guess I was hoping to hear some stories.

Dive Safe

bass turd
shark s**t in this neck of the woods. :D

230 ft

And you both suck. :D

What have you got against pretty little lionfish Hank? :shakehead:

230 ft

And you both suck. :D

What have you got against pretty little lionfish Hank? :shakehead:

Nothing really, except the ones here in the Atlantic where they're not supposed to be. It's kind of a joke Archman and I have been running for a couple years now.

88 feet. just last week in Kona. coulda' went deeper, but it was all sand off the wall. not much to see, so we didn't. it was ALL good...

What is your max depth to date?

What is the deepest you are willing to go?

So far, 788 feet.................And I have no limit

I aint a kidding.........................

WVBridge.jpg

bridgeday.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom