Zeagle Express Tech opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you recommend a crotch strap for single tanks then?
Indubitably. When adjusted correctly, your waist strap will V down just a bit, locking the BCD to your back. I call this a hybrid: the best of both a back inflate BCD and a BC&Wing.

The 'deluxe' harness looks less straightforward to adjust, shame. I could always buy some webbing and use that if the deluxe becomes annoying.
I have one ET set up with the Deluxe Harness... Every now and then I have a student who just loves the Deluxe harness. Different strokes for different folks. It's all good.

The difference between the base ET and the Deluxe is padding and the harness. The Deluxe has the Deluxe Harness which includes a two piece shoulder straps with a D ring for attaching the chest strap and allowed the shoulder harness to pivot on the D ring, there are quick release fastex buckles below the shoulder D rings to separate the shoulder straps and allow the shoulder straps to be adjusted for length (can make getting out of the BC easier and allow for easier adjustment for size or exposure protection) and there is a fastex buckle on the waist band (not a cam style buckle) which allows adjustment of the waist band without opening the buckle and can have more slack for adjustment.

Indubitably. When adjusted correctly, your waist strap will V down just a bit, locking the BCD to your back. I call this a hybrid: the best of both a back inflate BCD and a BC&Wing.

I have one ET set up with the Deluxe Harness... Every now and then I have a student who just loves the Deluxe harness. Different strokes for different folks. It's all good.

Thanks Mr Chairman! :)

Indubitably

I had to look up the meaning of this, its a new word to me. So I knew SB is educational, but not just for Scuba it seems!! :thumb:

The difference between the base ET and the Deluxe is padding and the harness. The Deluxe has the Deluxe Harness which includes a two piece shoulder straps with a D ring for attaching the chest strap and allowed the shoulder harness to pivot on the D ring, there are quick release fastex buckles below the shoulder D rings to separate the shoulder straps and allow the shoulder straps to be adjusted for length (can make getting out of the BC easier and allow for easier adjustment for size or exposure protection) and there is a fastex buckle on the waist band (not a cam style buckle) which allows adjustment of the waist band without opening the buckle and can have more slack for adjustment.

Ok, some positives for the deluxe harness :)

The difference between the base ET and the Deluxe is padding and the harness.

The padding is an add-on as are weight systems. Some 3rd parties will package them with the Deluxe. If you want them as part of the package, be sure to add them on or double check with your provider that they are included.

If you are buying online, make sure to read the text associated with the package you are buying. It can be confusing because a lot of sites post stock pictures of the Deluxe with add-ons/options installed, but they are not automatically included. :)

Last edited:
I have the ET with the deluxe harness and love it. I do not have any padding, be it back or shoulder. I also have the zip touch weight pockets which now get used more for storage pockets as I use XS Scuba cam band weight pockets. I am 5'11" 210lbs and have moved on to doubles and such but my 10yr old daughter will be using the ET when she does her open water class. Excellent, excellent product..

I do not see how the lbs of the wing would effect a positive buoyant piece of dive gear. Yes you may need more weight to go down using a 7mm, but this is offsetted by the 7mm wetsuit. According to the shop I bought my ET from. the 24lb wing should have no issues with my steel 120 tank, 3mm wetsuit and a 30cf pony bottle. Now throwing on double or side mounts is not going to happen, but that is not what this BC is designed for.

It is one of the criteria deciding wing size. The reason is this. Your 7mm suit will have 20lb of left on surface. But at 100ft, it will be compressed, has minimal buoyancy, for simplicity of discussion, let's say it is 5lb at 100ft. You lose 15lb positive buoyancy just by descending to 100ft. Your wing needs to compensate for that. See how's suit buoyancy can affect wing size. Keep in mind, BC= buoyancy compensate. It needs to compensate for all things that can change buoyancy in your dive. Lead is not one of those things.

As for whether 24lb is enough, let me quote Tobin here. Your BC should fulfill this requirements:
1. Float you comfort with head above water with full tanks
2. Compensate all lost in buoyancy
3. Float your rig without you in it.

120 tank + 30 pony = 150cf of air/nitrox. This is 12lb. You will be negative by at the beginning of your dive. 24lb wing leaves you 12lb to fulfill #1, which should be OK.

Your 3mm suit doesn't have 12lb to lose. So you are ok too. But if you wear. 7mm, you won't have enough.

#3 can be easy archive if you have a balanced rig and weighted properly.

I have the ET with the deluxe harness and love it. I do not have any padding, be it back or shoulder. I also have the zip touch weight pockets which now get used more for storage pockets as I use XS Scuba cam band weight pockets. I am 5'11" 210lbs and have moved on to doubles and such but my 10yr old daughter will be using the ET when she does her open water class. Excellent, excellent product..

That's pretty much the same set up as I'll have, except the twin tanks, and we're pretty much the same height & weight.
Do you use a crotch strap? I'm still deciding whether I need to get one. Thanks.

That's pretty much the same set up as I'll have, except the twin tanks, and we're pretty much the same height & weight.
Do you use a crotch strap? I'm still deciding whether I need to get one. Thanks.

Yes, I have the 2" crotch strap as @Chairman Pete alluded it makes the whole rig better.

Oh and for the record, I am not using the ET for twin tanks. that was my singles rig.

I do not see how the lbs of the wing would effect a positive buoyant piece of dive gear. Yes you may need more weight to go down using a 7mm, but this is offsetted by the 7mm wetsuit.

Because the suit will compress at depth and at 25 m or whatever the number is your "more weight" will not be "offsetted by the 7mm" any longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom