April Meet and Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will let you all know what I think when I return. So far they have been great about making the reservation and taking my desires into account. They also gave me a military discount. So far I have to say they are more responsive than others I have dealt with.

As for 'bad luck' - I understand that things happen - I also understand as some have pointed out (all really) that divers who do stupid things are 99% of the time the ones who get hurt.

I am not superstitious - (or stoopid-stitious) so I am not worried about it.

Other than that - I'm out for a good time and to get some great video :)

That boat has some BAD luck! I hear more divers have died on it than any other in the area. (That is the boat that took four tech divers to the grove early last year. Only one made it back.)
Hope you arent superstitous!

Be SAFE!

I don't think my reading comprehention is the problem. I think its the blanket judgement you passed on a charter that had the misfortune of having some idiots as customers.

Blanket judgement? He alludes to the charter having bad luck, states something he has heard about the charter, and then states a fact. I don't see any blanket judgement anywhere in what he typed?

The problem with reading forums instead of having conversations is you don't always get what is implied. I took his statement to be against the dive operator when I don't believe it is their fault those divers made a stupid choice while underwater. So maybe I do have some kind of comprehention problem. So for that I will appologize. I will admit that I am pretty quick to jump to the defense of anyone working in the dive business that is being spoken ill of without just cause. It is very easy to destroy someones reputation within such a small community even if that is not the intent so while I might have jumped the gun a little on what he said and my interpretation of it I think the clarification was a necessary thing. Even if just for my benefit.

The boat doesn't have bad luck, it just had a specific group of divers who made fatal decisions once they were in the water. The Captain and crew cannot control how divers execute their dive plan once they are in the water.

They were not technical divers.

The key word is Comprehension.

Back to the Meet and Greet.

Last edited:
Not to re-hijack this thread, but..

In the same way we are trying to get away from calling a DCS hit "deserved" or "undeserved", could I respectfully request for the benefit of the family's & friends of all deceased divers everywhere - that we not refer to them as anything but divers who made bad decisions. Anything else is just not right.

Hey folks,

The new guy (Bryan) and my gf (Monica) are planning on attending...

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Bryan

Hey folks,

The new guy (Bryan) and my gf (Monica) are planning on attending...

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Bryan

Suhweet; we will see you then :)

not to re-hijack this thread, but..

In the same way we are trying to get away from calling a dcs hit "deserved" or "undeserved", could i respectfully request for the benefit of the family's & friends of all deceased divers everywhere - that we not refer to them as anything but divers who made bad decisions. Anything else is just not right.

i agree 100% on that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom