Aussie diving August Week 1-2: Fri 1st to Thur 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it was a bit of a saga :p We tried about 4 spots before we found one divable - it was our last resort, Camp Cove. A lovely guy from Sydney we met on the drysuit course was our driver and dive site guide! So anyway, we got a good 'above water' tour of all the nice dive sites. He took us to Bare Island first as he loves it but yea, HUGE waves so that was out!

Camp Cove was a lot of fun though - heaps of fish, we saw a large octopus, a little cuttlefish, heaps of leatherjackets, a crazy school of catfish, two GIANT blue groupers and a few rays. Viz was fine at 5m. And it was WARM. I was so hot going into the water, was about 15C, glad I only wore a t-shirt under my drysuit. I had to keep flooding my hood to cool my face down. :rofl3:

Some pics attached.
Bare Island - see the swell :(
Cuttlefish
My new drysuit! With its strangling neck seal :p
Me diving in my new drysuit!
Giant grouper - biggest fish I have seen underwater so far
What is this creature??? So odd looking.
School of catfish

That is a pencil slate urchin ... I used to call them baby sea mines.

Glad to hear you got a dive in ... at least you will know where we are talking about when we dive Bare Island now

I think we need a new week :wink:

:shakehead:Naaawww we like this week! :eyebrow:

Ahh pencil slate urchin, thanks for the ID! Actually I went to the aquarium today as well and got to see a lot of the creatures I had found on the dive so know most of their names now :)

But yea, will probably be back up in a few months to see my friend and sister again so will try for Magic Point or Bare Island then!

....But yea, will probably be back up in a few months ......

Sas - if you can give me about 3 or 4 weeks notice so i can arrange my schedule... i think the SB Bare Island P club should do a official :sblogo: dive-together

Sounds cool almitywife! I'll let you know :)

Sas - if you can give me about 3 or 4 weeks notice so i can arrange my schedule... i think the SB Bare Island P club should do a official :sblogo: dive-together

:sblogo:-P dive

what about those NOT in the P club??

as long as youre not in a drysuit - you can always be a member of the P club!

as long as youre not in a drysuit - you can always be a member of the P club!

TY TY TY ... but are you discriminating against dry suit divers now.

how do you reply so quickly??? .... do you have a bell ring when someone posts???

BTW ... bowl says thanks for splitting that thread ... she didn't expect you to do it last night after work tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom