Can it be Lemon Shark Time Now??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like I'm doing west palm instead this saturday.
think a 3 mil is ok or is it time to beef it up a little?

Jan 17th I will be heading over to look for Lemons. Hope the orchard is full. :wink:

Still deciding... but.. the weather forcast for this weekend don't look too fun. :(
Thunderstorms, 25-30 mph winds, 5 foot seas.

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

.SATURDAY...SOUTHEAST WINDS 17 TO 22 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 22 TO 27 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET NEAR
SHORE AND UP TO 5 TO 7 FEET WELL OFFSHORE. INTRACOASTAL WATERS
CHOPPY. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.
.SUNDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS NEAR SHORE TO SOUTHWEST
20 TO 25 KNOTS WELL OFFSHORE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET NEAR SHORE AND UP TO
5 TO 7 FEET WELL OFFSHORE. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

The good news is the East Winds that will be blowing.. The water temp is 72 with great vis.. and with the east winds, it will only get better under the surface, if you can handle the top-side.. good luck

Weather.com's 10 day forcast shows next weekend to MUCH better. Will be sunny and nice. :)

So.. next weekend, I'll be looking for lemons.

According to Jupiter Dive Center's web site, 6 lemons were spotted on Friday January 8th. This weekend looks bad, but I'm booked to see what we can find on the 23rd.

Matt

It is lemon shark time in Jupiter!! A group of us went out with JDC this afternoon and got dropped right on top of a lemon shark. Soon we started to see them in groups. How magical and magnificent it was! It was so worth going out on the ocean roller coaster!

JM-- I think the shop should buy a camera and send a diver in to take pictures. Actually.. hmm I have not seen a shop use the tourist trick of selling customer pics....

Take the divers photos and then offer then for sale at the shop after the trip! Kinda like Disney Splash mountain or the Jungle Queen. Send someone like yourself in to take pics of the divers with Lemmon sharks in the background and if not for sale to the customers posted on thier site and facebook page.

Oh wait.. Kev does this...:D

I know I hate it when I am a couch potato and see the pics of the dives I could have been doing.

Eric, if you go to Photo Gallery:: Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in  Jupiter, Florida. you can see pics taken by divers. They have them listed by photographer or interest. They're taken by others and have given JDC permission to post them on their web site. In the shop they have pictures rotating on a regular basis of photos taken on the reefs. They have SOME photos on their FB page, but not as many. Of course, you can always go diving with the lemons and take you own photos!! :D :D

JM-- I think the shop should buy a camera and send a diver in to take pictures. Actually.. hmm I have not seen a shop use the tourist trick of selling customer pics....

Take the divers photos and then offer then for sale at the shop after the trip! Kinda like Disney Splash mountain or the Jungle Queen. Send someone like yourself in to take pics of the divers with Lemmon sharks in the background and if not for sale to the customers posted on thier site and facebook page.

That's actually a very good idea. Other than JDC and Scuba Kev most dive shops/operations do little to generate revenues IMO.

Bummer, it appears to be another year goes by and I will miss the sharks. :( Have a bedroom tore up that is taking much more of my budget than what I budgeted for... and has taken much longer to finish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom