Chick Dive Phase II Beach Scene Nov. 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel:
As requested! One foot waves rolling in this morning. Picture perfect skys right now but the wind is going to be out of the northeast & I suspect wind & waves to pick up as the day goes on. NOAA is predicting 2-4 on shore up in Jupiter. So, Renee, I'd suggest doing your beach dive in the AM.
Thanks for the update. That is what I am going to do.

Can't make the party - boo hoo! Did get summoned to work at 4PM. Have a great time - I will be there in spirit as I really do want to get to know all of you much better.

Well, ladies-As seen my by absence, I was not able to make the drive either. My Trooper is having some issues and I was advised that 6 hrs of driving today would be very bad indeed (unless I wanted to be stuck in Yeehaw Junction again...good memories!). I wish I could be with all of you-have a blast. Pat (StarrySKies) and I will just have to host the next Chick Dive up here near the Springs! :) Now...what to do with these brownies???

Well, I managed to finally show up at 10am or so. I had called Marvel at 8:15 and she told me, much to my surprise that the seas were 1 foot. When I arrived the conditions were even better than I imagined, but arrived just a hair too late, as everybody had just entered the water. So, I hustled, geared up and took off to meet everybody. Got close to a flag, and descened, but they had moved on. I ended up doing an hour solo dive, staying on the first reef.
The surface interval was nice and relaxing. The wind was picking up and future dives were cancelled in lieu of hanging on the patio, eating yummy grilled chicken and telling dive stories.
Thanks Marvel for hosting the shindig, ya done good. Good seeing the guys who shall remain nameless for fear of being called cabana boys. But, "You" did a good job pouring the champagne. :D
Nice meeting Blondie, Stacy and Maryann. Hopefully I will be able to dive with ya'll.

I had a great time diving with everyone also! Too bad the seas started kicking up & we were unable to get in more than one dive on Saturday but the food & the company was fun- kudos to MaryAnn for getting a certain nameless someone to "serve" us our Asti :wink: Thanks to David for manning the grill & providing the Asti!

Kevin, it was really a pleasure diving with the three of you on Friday- we'll have to do it again soon! BTW- completely forgot that I had a small leak in my reg- I was wondering why my air was going so fast. I just need to get it adjusted a little, I think. I realized it on Saturday's dive. I've got to get to my LDS before Thursday's Keys trip! :11:

Thanks for the diving and hospitality! We hope to catch up with you in the Keys.

Marvel:
I had a great time diving with everyone also! Too bad the seas started kicking up & we were unable to get in more than one dive on Saturday but the food & the company was fun- kudos to MaryAnn for getting a certain nameless someone to "serve" us our Asti :wink: Thanks to David for manning the grill & providing the Asti!

Kevin, it was really a pleasure diving with the three of you on Friday- we'll have to do it again soon! BTW- completely forgot that I had a small leak in my reg- I was wondering why my air was going so fast. I just need to get it adjusted a little, I think. I realized it on Saturday's dive. I've got to get to my LDS before Thursday's Keys trip! :11:

Scuba_Jenny:
So, I hustled, geared up and took off to meet everybody. Got close to a flag, and descened, but they had moved on. I ended up doing an hour solo dive, staying on the first reef.
Sounds like some of you had a good time! Tip for you Jenny, find the flag, get on top of it, follow the line down - you'll have a huge challenge finding the other divers otherwise, as you found. This is how i have done it at Venice and such before, if i dont i find a moving target hard to hit :wink:

See most of you this weekend i hope, Krista and i are hoping to go on a friday night dive, then hit the Datura dive with the REEF ID class on saturday.

Walter:
Actually, everyone else showed up Brian. He's sentenced to a lifetime of being a spineless whipped wuss.

Walter,

Why were you so afraid to serve champagne to the chicks?? None of them bite and I've ALWAYS found alcohol and women to be an excellent combination.

I'm guessing you simply aren't man enough for the job......... :dazzler1:

And I like to make sure everyone has a good time on our dives. And the girls all seemed to have a great time.

Brian,

I'm not afraid to serve champagne to the chicks. OTOH, I'm not going to show up, and just serve. When I show up, I'll pitch in with everyone else, but I'll also dive and I'll have a great time. Oh wait, that's exactly what I did do. Yes, I even poured the champagne after my dive. Sorry I missed meeting you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom