Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I can tell they are the Aqualung Conshelf XIV. There is no difference in the internal workings of any of the Conshelf’s XIV through 14. There were differences in the number of ports and their sizes and later models have a replaceable high pressure cone.

Are the Amron conshelf 14s as good as the originals, and are they really $562.00?

Yes, they are really that price. I bought some off them a while ago in a moment of insanity.

The only difference is "modern" port sizes on the first stage and the very convenient, when combined with Herman's tool, side port on the second stages. The exhaust port is the same larger one used on the other later model second stages.

I think they are better than the originals due to side port and standard first stage port sizes and they have the extra LP port for dry suit, although it's position makes hose routing rather messy in my opinion.

From what I can tell they are the Aqualung Conshelf XIV. There is no difference in the internal workings of any of the Conshelf’s XIV through 14. There were differences in the number of ports and their sizes and later models have a replaceable high pressure cone.

The military Conshelf 14 first stages do not have a replaceable crown. In fact I've never come across one, I think they are a rarity (?).

If you are not a purist, couldn't you just pick up a AL metal second stage and a Conshelf 21 or 22 first stage. Granted you probably won't get the side port but it would be much cheaper.

As I understand it in the Conshelf line the Conshelf XII, XIV and the 14 have the metal second stage. The Conshelfs produced between the XIV and the 14 had plastic second stages. All the second stages use the same service kit and are identical mechanicly. The plastic second stages and the 14 metal second stage have the tuning port on the left hand side of box bottom.

I have a nice condition conshelf XIV 1st and 2nd stage with a rebuild kit that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. I just can't hang with the hose routing. Mine is yoke.

What you looking
I have a nice condition conshelf XIV 1st and 2nd stage with a rebuild kit that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. I just can't hang with the hose routing. Mine is yoke.

What you looking for them? thanks

Jim...

What you looking

What you looking for them? thanks

Jim...

I was thinking $100 plus shipping, does that sound reasonable? I disassembled both stages when I got it, they were both really clean and it was holding IP perfectly, so I didn't bother using the service kit I had bought from Bryan. I can probably figure out how to get a photo on here.

At one point I was thinking that I'd use the 2nd stage as an alternate when diving with the PRAM, but almost all of my diving these days is cave, so I'm not getting any use out of my doublehose.

Back
Top Bottom