Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloud9:
Question though ... if I start using nitrox, will I be able to use my Conshelf Supreme ? I've read on another thread that all I would need is different Orings installed. Anyone else using an old Conshelf with Nitrox ??

I don;t use one personally but have outfitted one for use with nitrox. It depends on what mix you are going to run in it. If you are going to use recreational mixes (<40%) don't even need the 'special' (viton) o-rings. Just make sure that cristo lube is used and and other lubricant like silicone is cleaned out, and you can use your nitrox. (100% O2 never touches the reg). Otherwise if you are going to use it for a stage bottle or something, you should get viton all around.
Technically you don't even nee to touch the second stage, because it only comes into contact with LP O2 and this is not a concern. But I do clean it anyways...

I've got three Conshelf reg and love em all,an SE2,XIV and one thats been bugging me for a while.I got it from Taylor diving (commercial outfit) out of Taft, LA. going out of business sale,it was most likely used on a bailout bottle as is the standard.The question I have is has anybody seen a 4000 psi yoke on a conshelf? Because this is what is stamped on it,call me crazy but I had to look again and it still has'nt changed.I rebuilt it myself and it work just like the others, fantastic.
Ray

Ray2:
The question I have is has anybody seen a 4000 psi yoke on a conshelf? Because this is what is stamped on it,call me crazy but I had to look again and it still has'nt changed.
I havent seen this on any yoke. the highest I have seen is 3500 psi (i.e. oceanic) but what is stamped is what it is. compare it to others. Is it a little heavier duty?

rescuediver009:
I havent seen this on any yoke. the highest I have seen is 3500 psi (i.e. oceanic) but what is stamped is what it is. compare it to others. Is it a little heavier duty?
Both of my Conshelf XIV's have "4000 psi" stamped on the yolk. Both of the serial numbers start with 78-, if that helps any.

Creed:
Both of my Conshelf XIV's have "4000 psi" stamped on the yolk. Both of the serial numbers start with 78-, if that helps any.

Sorry trhose serials don't mean anything to me. But if that is what they are stmaped at then go right ahead. Its not like you have heard of yokes blowing off of tanks right?

Thanks Creed it does help,The one I have starts with #48 it must be a XIV,but I can't read the writing on the screw.

rescuediver009:
Sorry trhose serials don't mean anything to me. But if that is what they are stmaped at then go right ahead. Its not like you have heard of yokes blowing off of tanks right?
Actually, I have no plan on diving with a tank at 4000psi. I was just observing that my old conshelfs(conshelves?) also say 4k. Is it possible that these are examples of a higher grade derivative of the Conshelf XIV? Maybe commercial grade? Note: my set was shipped to me from Canade. Do they have a different standard tank pressure there?

Creed:
Is it possible that these are examples of a higher grade derivative of the Conshelf XIV? Maybe commercial grade? Note: my set was shipped to me from Canade. Do they have a different standard tank pressure there?
I doubt that they are 'of higher grade'. and no, Canada is just like the rest of world and our tanks work at the same pressures as yours. But we follow the BAR stamps on tanks instead of the psi. It gives you a little more air if you work it out.

rescuediver009:
I doubt that they are 'of higher grade'. and no, Canada is just like the rest of world and our tanks work at the same pressures as yours. But we follow the BAR stamps on tanks instead of the psi. It gives you a little more air if you work it out.

A "little bit" more pressure, means more air??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom