Help Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Move to some deserted island--with all your equipment---including a nice little compressor....without your (PC)computer will really get the numbers reversed----too----:)

Last edited:
Take some downers.

Who cares, dive when you can, and live through those who can dive all the time.

My dives far exceed my posts, but who really cares. I think if your posts are asking questions, having fun or contributing to conversation with your viewpoint and knowledge it is always fine.

Cyberdivers (IMHO) are those people who express an opinion because they read it somewhere, the opinion is not based on their own personal experiences. Anyone who would devalue your opinion because they assign some value to the ratio of posts to dives is really someone you should just ignore. By the ratio theory, I must be one of the best informed people here. While I am comfortable with my experience, have had excellent training over the past 20+ years of diving, I am by no means the worlds foremost expert, just because I do not post alot.

There are several people on this thread with high post:dive ratios whose opions I would put a lot of stock in.

My post count has always exceeded my dive count (unless you include a discover scuba in a 12ft deep pool as a dive) and it probably always will be, given that posting is much less expensive and requires less planning, since I wasn't planning this post 5 minutes ago while planning a dive will take longer than 5 minutes since, alone, the phone call to my buddy asking if she's free/available for a dive will be longer than 5 minutes.

And if anybody insists that my post count be less than my dive count, I guess I'd have to go away for a while which I'm not sure I'm capable of. OR they'd have to pay for a whole bunch of liveabord trips so I can up my dive count... you wouldn't see me complaining about that though.:D

Just travel more :)

Hmmm, by that rationale, I know some astronauts who had better quit writing books, magazine articles, and scientific papers because they only went into space once or twice. That's puts their "post to flight" ratio waaaaaaaaaay off!

Surely, everyone here recognizes that posts are just opinions that must be weighed and considered based upon how much trust one places in the poster. That might be based upon dive count, but that's no guarantee of reliability either. Take it all with a grain of salt, enjoy the discussion and leave the judgemental hogwash alone.

Wups...that's another post for me. It's going to shoot down my ratio! Aaauuugh!

My post count here is soon going to exceed my actual dive numbers ...

There are divers, and cyberdivers. . . what's the problem? When diving, I'll frequently dive four tanks in shallow water dives, while others dive one tank and visit with the surface people. . . We each can be happy. I've seen more underwater, and the surface people are better known among the surface people, seem like a fair trade to me.

Ask questions, or give advice from what your read here. . . If it contradicts something I have personal experience with, I "might" try to push the right computer keys. Or I may go on to the underwater photos, and "wish I was there". "Don't worry, be happy".

Wups...that's another post for me. It's going to shoot down my ratio! Aaauuugh!

Sorry I can only hear people with a post:dive ration of less than 2:1

Back
Top Bottom