I love you guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Sofia!
Let us know if you get close to the NASA area of Texas!
Enjoy!

Sophia4:
I agree! One drop for regular, about 5 drops for cask strength. I am in mourning for the special bottling of Springbank I just finished. It was only a 12, but it was amazing. Trouble with the good stuff, it evaporates.

Scotch is ok, but give my Crown Royal ANY day!!!! Welcome Sophia!! I'm new here too, but have already learned a LOT!!!

Welcome aboard sophia!

Scuba Duke:
Scotch is ok, but give my Crown Royal ANY day!!!! Welcome Sophia!! I'm new here too, but have already learned a LOT!!!

I know it's supposed to be a quality whiskey, but it's just too darn sweet for my tastes. If I'm trying to kill the taste of coke, I prefer something with a bite, like CC.

Ardbeg is too peaty for me. Once a month I taste 9-12 quality Scotches in a Scotch tasting group. I noticed that the 3 newbies (including me) are also the ones who don't like too much peat. So maybe my pallette isn't sophisticated enough yet.

Sophia4:
Ardbeg is too peaty for me. Once a month I taste 9-12 quality Scotches in a Scotch tasting group. I noticed that the 3 newbies (including me) are also the ones who don't like too much peat. So maybe my pallette isn't sophisticated enough yet.

Scotch tastings? I'm envious. Can't get that sort of thing going around my neck of the woods.

Many people feel the need to 'work their way up' to the heavier scotches. Some just don't like them, and that's fine too 'cause it means more for me. :D

Distiller's Editions Lagavulin ranks well in my book, especially since the Ardbeg isn't available anymore, but if I'm looking for something lighter I find Highland Park quite good.

glbirch:
Scotch tastings? I'm envious. Can't get that sort of thing going around my neck of the woods.

The group has been meeting for almost 20 years. This professor, who liked Scotch, thought it would be cool to have a Scotch tasting class in the evenings, like they sometimes do for wine. So he started a class. After it was started, the Alcohol control people said no-no-no, liquor is different. But it was such a success, the people kept meeting. Personally, I think what kept the group going was that the prof is a darn nice guy.

Some people think Texans are hicks, but I never really understood that. I've travelled throughout Europe and some of Asia, and of course the U.S. and Mexico but not Canada. With the exception of London, Paris and maybe Rome, Dallas is the most truly sophisticated city I have been to. New Yorkers think they are sophisticated, but I found them provincial. Maybe I am biased.

My favorite tasting was the all Macallan day. Imagine 12 different Macallan's. My favorite one under $200 was the Cadenhead bottling.

Done multiple trip from different air ports in the USA with my Inspiration and Megalodon, I never had any problems with flying with the tanks. Just make sure that they are TOTALLY empty. On a side note, we are the only rebreather friendly dive center in Belize (Haskell o2 fills to 3500 PSI, Nitrox, soda lime, and rebrathers rental tanks). If you are not coming to Ambergris Caye, than before traveling with your Dolphin, make sure that some one can fill the tanks. It is extremely rare.

Roni Liberman
Protech Belize www.protechbelize.com
IANTD Trimix Instructor Trainer Trainer (ITT)
PADI Gold Palm 5 Stars IDC center

roni at Protech:
Done multiple trip from different air ports in the USA with my Inspiration and Megalodon, I never had any problems with flying with the tanks. Just make sure that they are TOTALLY empty. On a side note, we are the only rebreather friendly dive center in Belize (Haskell o2 fills to 3500 PSI, Nitrox, soda lime, and rebrathers rental tanks). If you are not coming to Ambergris Caye, than before traveling with your Dolphin, make sure that some one can fill the tanks. It is extremely rare.

Roni Liberman
Protech Belize www.protechbelize.com
IANTD Trimix Instructor Trainer Trainer (ITT)
PADI Gold Palm 5 Stars IDC center

I will be going to Belize the last week in August. I will add your name and address to my travel info. Do you sell the ExtendAir cartridges? I was beginning to give up on buying them there, and was going to have them shipped to my hotel. Nitrox is extremely rare? I was thinking that as long as I had a supply of SodaLime or ExtendAir, and somplace that had Nitrox, then I would be set. The first week in Sept, I will be at the ClubMed in Cancun. I have almost given up on finding Nitrox there. The reaction I usually get is, "Nitrox, what's that." I will also check out your website. I was just so excited by the message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom