Looking for mature answers regarding Pee-Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can someone give me the whole rundown on Extreme Exposure's pee valves. I have done a bunch of research on them but now I need practicle info.

When do you put on the condom (especially on a crowded dive boat)?

Are they uncomfortable?

Is it really as easy as they say to install the valve on a Drysuit?

They say to use Aqua Seal is that the "original" Aqua Seal or the Neo. Cement?

Anything else you may want to ad would be great.

CALI68:
Can someone give me the whole rundown on Extreme Exposure's pee valves. I have done a bunch of research on them but now I need practicle info.

When do you put on the condom (especially on a crowded dive boat)? .

In the morning before you head out or in the head before you put your drysuit on. I have been able to descretely put them on in many parking lots as well.

CALI68:
Are they uncomfortable? .

No, wearing one is not uncomfortable. However some condoms have much more ashesive than others, so removale can be uncomfortable. We joke that Wide Bands are good for the whole week.

CALI68:
Is it really as easy as they say to install the valve on a Drysuit? .

Very easy to do yourself. Though a bit unnerving cutting or punching the hole in your drysuit

CALI68:
They say to use Aqua Seal is that the "original" Aqua Seal or the Neo. Cement?.

With my trilam suit I used the original aqua Seal. I don't know what type of suit you have.

Anything else you may want to ad would be great.[/QUOTE]

The best thing that any guy diving dry could install in his drysuit.

For a complete write up on condom use check out this link: Mastery or Misadventure, The use of the condom Catheter.

Pez de Diablo! Muchos Gracias por la info!

I have TLS350 (tri lam)

Is there a prefered brand of Cath/Condom?

I imagine that puncturing the suit will be very scary!! My suit is pretty new.

I'm getting one for sure.

Thanks again!

I can't say much about the Extreme Exposure's pee valve, but I can answer the rest of the questions since I have a balanced p-valve.

CALI68:

When do you put on the condom (especially on a crowded dive boat)?
I usually put on the condom at home before I leave, or in a bathroom at the dive site. You can also easily put it on in a car with a towel over your lap. On a dive boat would be a bit awkward unless the boat had an enclosed head on board.

Are they uncomfortable?
Depends. Once they're on, you hardly notice them. The comfort is a bit rough when you take it off, but a lot of that depends on the condom type you choose. I'm currently using the wide bands, and they're a bit rough to get off. The glue holds on tight, but it comes off easier when you heat it up. (i.e. shower). A bit of grooming helps, and make sure your clean. Think hair and duct tape.

Is it really as easy as they say to install the valve on a Drysuit?
Yeah, it's pretty easy to install. You punch a hole, insert the valve through the suit, and screw on the retaining cap/nut. I picked up a rubber grommit to use as a gasket. I'm not sure what comes with the one you're looking at getting, but the one I have didn't come with gaskets. Others advised the rubber grommits, and they worked great.

They say to use Aqua Seal is that the "original" Aqua Seal or the Neo. Cement?
I used regular silicon instead of Aqua Seal. I didn't want it to be permanent if I messed it up, and the others mentioned they didn't use any type of sealent on their suits.

Anything else you may want to ad would be great.

There's really not much to them. The condoms can be purchased from on-line medical suppliers.

http://www.allegromedical.com/urologicals_catheters/external_catheters

I have used the widebands and the pop-ons. The reason I use the widebands now is because they really stay on. I mean they really, really stay on, and that's why I'll probably try another type after the ones I have now run out. They can be a bit painful while removing.

I hope the above helps. My p-valve is right up there with my HID light when it comes to my favorite piece of gear.

~ Jason

Darkpup thank you so much for your help.

Spectre I went to that site and I have a couple questions:

They say to pee while at the surface...is that always the case? I'm getting this one BTW:

http://www.extreme-exposure.com/pvalve/pvalve-specs.shtml

CALI68:
They say to pee while at the surface...is that always the case? I'm getting this one BTW:

http://www.extreme-exposure.com/pvalve/pvalve-specs.shtml

That's the one that I've got....

... sitting in a box with my samples from Rochester Medical awaiting the courage to actually install it.

Actually, it was awaiting a weekend where the suit wasn't in use. It'll be going in when I get the suit back from getting the seals done [as well as a ton of other stuff I've been putting off because I was diving].

But.. to answer your question. It's my understanding that it's a trust thing. You can trust you got it hooked up right and not kinked... or you can test it.

Original (thick) Aqua Seal and Rochester Widebands.
Don't be proud... EVERYONE uses medium... cold water shrinkage will humble the most proud man and having one blow off is NOT fun.

The other part that's not fun is stuffing INTO the thing before getting cold.

For modesty, I added a quick disconnect:
image005.jpg

This allows me to put the condom on AND work it onto the hose in private, then when getting into the suit, simply pop it on.

It does make using the head between dives interesting though.

RichLockyer:
For modesty, I added a quick disconnect:
image005.jpg

This allows me to put the condom on AND work it onto the hose in private, then when getting into the suit, simply pop it on.

It does make using the head between dives interesting though.

Where did you find the quick disconnect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom