Looking for mature answers regarding Pee-Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68:
What's this talk about a suit flood and a failed check valve? Now I'm getting worried. How do I avoid that. What I need is a step by step instruction of how to use it once it's hooked and and the cath is in place. I'm really sorry but this is super new to me.

Thanks for the help.
-Chris

You're thinking too much about this Chris. And Pug is a meany and just likes to scare new pvalve users :wink:

The bolt is mainly for caves or hard deco, where, if the whole world folds under and your valve starts leaking, you can screw in the bolt and stay dry. Otherwise, for those of us sane enought to stay out of caves, it isn't really an issue. As Pug suggested, tie it off to a bolt snap and put it in your pocket, just in case. The chance of you having a problem with the valve is rather remote.

MD

MechDiver:
You're thinking too much about this Chris. And Pug is a meany and just likes to scare new pvalve users :wink:

The bolt is mainly for caves or hard deco, where, if the whole world folds under and your valve starts leading, you can screw in the bolt and stay dry. Otherwise, for those of us sane enought to stay out of caves, it isn't really an issue. As Pug suggested, tie it off to a bolt snap and put it in your pocket, just in case. The chance of you having a problem with the valve is rather remote.

MD

Mech, You rock! I got it now.

"Pug's a Meany" you say. :wink:

Well... just wait until you have your first blow-off. :D

If the warmth follows the path of the tube then all is well.
If the warmth spreads out and then quickly cools all is not well.

Second dives using the same cath are more prone to the later. :D

Uncle Pug:

You mean if the Cath. "blows" of your willy right? (man that sounded bad)

Seriously though, is that what you mean? That when you pee the cath blows off? I'm having second thoughts about putting this thing on man.

Uncle Pug:

?

CALI68:
You mean if the Cath. "blow's off" from of your "member" right?

I'm having second thoughts about putting this thing on man.

Told ya he was mean :crafty:

This is like having a flat tire. You deal with it, then get over it. It has not happened to me. Don't get overly ambitious with cath sizing (medium works for lots of us), use good caths (Rochester), and put it on correctly.

Back
Top Bottom