My DC died at 108 ft. Now what do I replace it with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and a Perdix AI.:rofl3:
Also, Shearwater computers are also awesome wrist lights when diving at night. My diver buddies always know its me because they see a faint glow from my wrist. I'll just keep trolling you in this thread until you get a Perdix.

@scbaNE2179 I did order one of those Hi Pressure hoses you recommended. Thanks for the link.

@scbaNE2179 I did order one of those Hi Pressure hoses you recommended. Thanks for the link.
What length did you get? Also, don't forget to get a bolt snap and attach it the end of your HP hose. For line, I would use cave line or bungee to secure the bolt snap onto the hose.

YouTube tutorial on how to attach bolt snap to hose. This same tutorial can be applied to attaching smaller bolt snaps to your 2nd stages, etc. For the 2nd stage, I normally attach the bolt snap about the width of my fist, from open end of the hose fitting.

What length did you get? Also, don't forget to get a bolt snap and attach it the end of your HP hose. For line, I would use cave line or bungee to secure the bolt snap onto the hose.

YouTube tutorial on how to attach bolt snap to hose. This same tutorial can be applied to attaching smaller bolt snaps to your 2nd stages, etc. For the 2nd stage, I normally attach the bolt snap about the width of my fist, from open end of the hose fitting.
Wouldn't a zip tie work? I don't plan on a bolt snap, I'll put it on a retractor.

Wouldn't a zip tie work? I don't plan on a bolt snap, I'll put it on a retractor.
Zip ties will work but after awhile the salt will just pretty much eat away at the plastic. Not a big deal as zip ties are relatively cheap but a retractor works just as well-just make sure your retractor can handle the heavy load of your new SPG. Another option that I've seen some divers use is to use an o-ring and attach that to one end of your retractor.

Either works for me, but the elastic will break away if you need it to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom