Narrow regs down to atomics b2 or hogs . Any opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kc33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:idk:: Any opinions. Narrow down to atomics b2 or hogs. I mostly dive in the gulf of mexico, Ky lakes and quarries. I had an earyl 90's oceanic delta 3 and loved it. Finally the plastic just cracked and cost more to rebuild than purchase new set. I have tried mares abyss 22 and was not please with bubble interference and the reg honk at all depths.

Hogs.

Go with the Atomic you will be happier in the long run.

Both are greate reg. Ask yourself: $650 for B2 vs $300 for HOG, Yoke (B2) vs Din only HOG. If you want DIN, it is really hard to beat HOG. If you want Yoke, then HOG is not even a option. Instead of B2, also check out Z2, $350 reg. You lose the 2nd stage swivel which is useless IMO, and some Ti parts, other wise exactly the same reg, reg breath.

Go with the Atomic you will be happier in the long run.

How long do you have to wait until your actually happy? Because when you are dealing with your yoke primary and octo, I'll be diving doubles, two stage bottles and gauges. And I will be servicing my own gear for the same price. But if you want to pay lots of money for equally made gear then your obvious choice is the atomics.

Both are greate reg. Ask yourself: $650 for B2 vs $300 for HOG, Yoke (B2) vs Din only HOG. If you want DIN, it is really hard to beat HOG. If you want Yoke, then HOG is not even a option. Instead of B2, also check out Z2, $350 reg. You lose the 2nd stage swivel which is useless IMO, and some Ti parts, other wise exactly the same reg, reg breath.

What about a din/yoke adaptor ? Any thoughts? I have never use one on a din.

It works very well. I use it on my HOGs and the Oceanic's I have that are DIN. And if you are shopping for a single tank set up I can put you in one that comes with the adapter. It's even chromed to match the 1st stage. Add a second 1st stage and you'll have your doubles set up. PM me for info. I am an authorized HOG dealer. I just sent one to Michigan last week and had a student of mine diving his new HOG singles set up with yoke tanks using the adapter this weekend for his AOW class.

What about a din/yoke adaptor ? Any thoughts? I have never use one on a din.
Some people complain about the yoke adapter increasing the protrusion of the first stage from the tank valve, which causes the reg to contact the back of their head.

With my normal gear configuration using a HP100 tank, I've never had this particular issue. I'm sure it depends on tank positioning (relative to the BC and the diver's head) as well as overall dimensions of the tank (height, in particular). :idk:

If your reg is DIN-configured, you really should keep a yoke adapter in your save-a-dive kit. You never know when it might come in handy.

Once again.... HOG! Very happy with mine.

The adaptor works well and for the most part never even notice it is there.

Great price! Great equipment! Great Diving!!!!

There is a NIB Atomic B2 on Ebay with a current bid of $99, two days remaining.

Atomic B2 Regulator Yoke | eBay

A side note, you never see HOG regs on Ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom