$$ no matter... what reg would you buy today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
Here's a question for all: Any idea why RSD deosn't seem to have reviewed any Apek regs? They seem to have done everything else.
------
Never mind - I'm blind as a bat. . .

Darryl

You don't have it on your list but I would highly recommened the Poseidon Jetstream/ODIN. This is a fantastic High Performance reg. Also the exhaust is to the side so as the keep the bubbles out of for face. It is also very very good in cold water AND they have the top rating from the US Navy.

Personaly I love it. Some people hate it though. I haven't seen to many people that are in between on the reg it is either HOT or COLD :)

It has a bigger mouth peice then most regs which seem to bother alot of people but that is one of the features I like.

Originally posted by Strick
Mares Abyss. It's compatable with Nitrox I believe, where as the Ti Planet is not. The ATX 200 is a good one also, but I would get the Abyss.

The Abyss in made out of Titanium which is a class 2 combustible metal. Therefore making in not compatible with O2 Something to think about.

For all the money in the world go with the Apeks any of them!
No gimmicks, just great quality, hard working, easy breathing, low maintenance and durable regs.

ID

Originally posted by cybordolphin
Yes..

I think I have pretty much settled on the TX200 with Ds4 first.

I don't know if I've already told you this or not (a dozen or more people have asked me about it), but the ATX200 second stage is virtually identical to the ATX50 second stage. The only significant difference is that the heat exchanger is slightly larger in the 200 (theoretically making it better in cold water).
Also, the octo's are identical to the primaries, other than the yellow faceplates (and the octo's are tuned down a bit -- easy to tune up). The interesting part is that the octo's cost about $60 less than the primaries. A black faceplate should cost less than $20 and, of course, are easy to replace if you wish.

I confirmed all this with Landon over at Apeks. I have an ATX50 octo and DS4 on order right now and intend on changing the faceplate when the part becomes available.

Take care.

Mike

Iguana Don,

I would urge you to please do more of your homework before you post somewhat misleading and incorrect information like you did.

The Abyss in made out of Titanium which is a class 2 combustible metal.

What should have been stated is the mares abyss regulator CAN be ordered with titanium, which is a class 2 combustible metal. You can still purchase NON-TITANIUM NON-RUBY mares abyss regulators.

Ed

Hi LY...

Thanks again for hooking me up. It looks like I am ordering a TX200 w/ Ds4. I just decided to pop a few extra $$ to say I got the best of the best (probably a waste of $$ as you have said), but could not resist. I'm ordering with somewhat standard hose lengths... and will pick up a longer 5-7 footer later.

Still waiting to hear back from him though.

Back
Top Bottom