Scuba Mau dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Opals Dream is a related shop in that they have many of the former employees from Scuba Mau. Long story but I'll spare you the details. Anyways, it's also a very fine and affordable shop that we have used many times. DMs Eddie and Julio are excellent. Their shop is located downtown near Tony Rome's now.

I have about 20 dives. Usually with a dive master that looks after about 5 or 6 people.

Any other dive shops around the same price and caliber? Thanks
Cozumel is different. A private DM the first day would be money well spent. Many shops have similar to cheaper rates.

is this due to getting used to the drift currents? or because of mixing inexperienced (myself) with those who are.
do you know how much a dm for 2 people will run and a recommendation??

is this due to getting used to the drift currents? or because of mixing inexperienced (myself) with those who are.
do you know how much a dm for 2 people will run and a recommendation??
Yes, the currents manly - some rare down currents. Not all that dangerous but a few have been pretty freaked out, a rare few never found - so we really don't know what happened to those. A private DM can teach you more about safe diving locally. I really don't know what different Ops charge, maybe $50?

Not exactly the case. But Mau is a good guy.
Okay, I have been corrected in PM. Maybe it was his boat. It's hard to keep those stories straight with all of the island hush hush. I'd have liked to have seen the story published here for the record, but I guess too many Ops have too many of their own skeletons - so they like to leave things buried to support the marketplace.

Keep in mind that I don't trust anyone! I'm the diver who puts on his snorkel vest while still on the pickup dock, wears it on SIs, and gets dropped off wearing it - along with a few other paranoids too much for newbies. :crafty: If more divers would ask for life vests before boats move, I think it'd be great - but no one else ever wants one until a boat sinks somewhere, so it's easier to bring & wear my own. I like a seat close to the exit on the ferry too. :eyebrow:

Okay, I have been corrected in PM. Maybe it was his boat. It's hard to keep those stories straight with all of the island hush hush. I'd have liked to have seen the story published here for the record, but I guess too many Ops have too many of their own skeletons - so they like to leave things buried to support the marketplace.

:eyebrow:

I think you exaggerate a bit Don! There are still many newspaper reports on the net about the boat accident. It was just a bit over 2 years ago. Just Google.
Just read that the boat "Tres Hermanos" sunk yesterday at Columbia Shallows.

I think you exaggerate a bit Don! There are still many newspaper reports on the net about the boat accident. It was just a bit over 2 years ago. Just Google.
Just read that the boat "Tres Hermanos" sunk yesterday at Columbia Shallows.

Yea. Operated by Prodive out of the Allegro.

Back
Top Bottom