Scuba Mau dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been speaking with Yuval at Blue Magic Scuba. What would everyone's opinion be about his dive operation then? He mentioned setting me up with a private DM for the first day at no extra cost.

You will also note that there is one dive shop (Aldora) that adds safety equipment for more remote dive spots. I do not recall the exact item but it may be some sort of maritime radio. The following YouTube video may describe the concept:

[video=youtube;9IcBezzgDW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcBezzgDW4[/video]

You mean Nautilus Lifeline radios? I have one and Alison carries her own.

[youtubehq]SUT-FwZ75eY[/youtubehq]

That is it! Nautilus.

That is it! Nautilus.
nautiloidea.jpg

Classic SB trash talking.
Back to the topic from the start, Do your own research , Go visit the dive ops you are considering. Talk to the Owners and DM`s. Form your own opinion. ALL
dive ops have Pros and cons. If you dive with one and your not sure you like them, go dive with someone else. Dive with several ops, it won`t take long to find one you know you like and are comfortable with using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic SB trash talking.
I don't think so. I think we have been polite in the discussion. There was a long, complex, heated at times backstory, but we just tried to stick to objective info.

Back to the topic from the start, Do your own research , Go visit the dive ops you are considering. Talk to the Owners and DM`s. Form your own opinion. ALL
dive ops have Pros and cons. If you dive with one and your not sure you like them, go dive with someone else. Dive with several ops, it won`t take long to find one you know you like and are comfortable with using.
Have you ever been to Coz? :confused: IF your plane arrives early and you get to your hotel around lunch, you're going to spend the afternoon visiting shops, talking with the managers you catch in - and hope they have room the next day? Better allow more days for shopping before diving. Most of us want to dive the next morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been speaking with Yuval at Blue Magic Scuba. What would everyone's opinion be about his dive operation then? He mentioned setting me up with a private DM for the first day at no extra cost.

AA,

I don't know anything about them, but there is a short thread on that op here:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/473988-blue-magic-scuba-cozumel.html

Also go up to the corner of the Cozumel board and search Blue Magic Scuba. I set it to post and looked through posts with their name in it.

Seems like there are a few people who report diving with them and it being a good experience. I only took notice to the one guy complaining.

Is Scuba Mau's shop located near the Villablanca Hotel? That is what it looks like on their map, but I can't get google to find the address. I sent an email to the shop yesterday but have not heard back.

Is Scuba Mau's shop located near the Villablanca Hotel? That is what it looks like on their map, but I can't get google to find the address. I sent an email to the shop yesterday but have not heard back.

Address:
Carretera Costera Sur Km 2.8

20°29'16.4"N 86°58'05.5"W

Villablanca: Costera Sur km 3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom