Scuba Mau dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read they were rescued quickly and there were no injuries.

well according the the rag today:

"They made the point that a company boat Dive with Martin transported to a Sailor "Three Brothers" to Palancar where an ambulance was waiting but that his situation was delicate.:

---------- Post added February 14th, 2014 at 09:21 AM ----------

I'd love to see you on a plane, sitting by the emergency exit, parachute strapped on and hand tightly holding the ripcord until the plane safely lands. And then getting out your personal airbag device for the shuttle ride.

Did you ever think your chances of living a long life might be even greater by quitting smoking rather than by wearing a snorkel vest? I'm curious how someone so worried about infinitesimal chances of dying would risk diving knowing there's a very palpable chance of getting DCS. Surely you must dive nitrox on every dive and limit yourself to 30 feet.

Moss, little hungry this morning?

[youtubehq]MixNh9L7G5M[/youtubehq]

well according the the rag today:

"They made the point that a company boat Dive with Martin transported to a Sailor "Three Brothers" to Palancar where an ambulance was waiting but that his situation was delicate.:
]

Got to love Google translations. Hope the "sailor" is going to be OK. Also read that there were 20 on a boat with permits for 11 and that's why it sunk.

tres hermanos belongs to oscar and tomas at sand dollar sports. It was leased to prodive. Anyone know if tomas was the captain or was it one of prodives captains?

Not exactly the case. But Mau is a good guy.

Okay, maybe he's a good guy, but lets not sugar coat it. You've got a thread asking why a dive operator is so cheap, how do they do it? In the same thread it just so happens the person in question also happened to have had a dive boat that was out of compliance, a total accident waiting to happen, which did happen and sank it and the question is, why is the dive operator so cheap? Well he obviously isn't re-investing any money into his boats! You get what you pay for and sometimes it's a boat that decides to sink out from under you. He might be a good guy, but I'm sure as hell not putting my life in his hands. When your prices are so low all you can afford is a cobbled together old glass bottom boat for your divers, I'm looking for somebody else.

On one hand, I bet Mau learned his lesson on that experience and is using sound boats - rentals I guess.

On the other hand, yeah - it was a dangerous action to send that boat across the channel, without permission, that went poorly even tho all survived, and you have to wonder about management there?

You will also note that there is one dive shop (Aldora) that adds safety equipment for more remote dive spots. I do not recall the exact item but it may be some sort of maritime radio. The following YouTube video may describe the concept:

[video=youtube;9IcBezzgDW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IcBezzgDW4[/video]

If I remember correctly the crowd that Mau had on the dive that day were mostly close friends of the shop and were frequent divers with Mau's shop although that isn't an excuse for his actions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom