Single BM tank on a Nomad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not a feature on all Nomads, only the newer ones.

Rob,

Thanks....now I'm trying to figure out if I bought a new Nomad or not. I might be taking this one back to the LDS if I didn't.

Last edited:
I dive the original Nomad, which doesn't have this feature. I've had a few students with the XP and didn't notice the feature either. It appears it may be a fairly new feature to the Nomad. I'm going to take a look at them today.

I dive the original Nomad, which doesn't have this feature. I've had a few students with the XP and didn't notice the feature either. It appears it may be a fairly new feature to the Nomad. I'm going to take a look at them today.

Please let us know what you find out, and thanks for the help.

Thanks! I'm waiting to hear, also!

I'll wait for Rob to report back, but in the meanwhile, this from the Nomad XT Manual:

Using the Gusset Control System (GCS)

The Gusset Control cord on the Nomad XT wing fulfills the following functions:

• When not inflated, the cord helps compress the BC to as small a profile as possible to
reduce drag and limit air-expansion across the upper portion.

• By tightening the cord, users can limit lift capacity to only what’s needed for a particular
application (e.g. diving single cylinders generally requires less buoyancy than double
cylinders). Reduced lift capacity also helps reduce the likelihood of uncontrolled
ascents.

You can tighten or loosen the gusset control cord by adjusting the clips at each side of the
base of the BC. When doing so, adjust both cords evenly.

Now, the only problem I'm seeing is how to actually tighten the cord. The XT wing is different than the EXP, so I can't do it like the video.

I think it is fairly simple and I understand it now; however, I think I'll wait on Rob before I try. I don't want to tie my new Nomad in knots! :dork2:

Thanks! I'm waiting to hear, also!

I'll have to run out to my car, but I am pretty sure my elastic bungee works like the video.

Okay, this is not an option for all Nomad wings. The original wings don't have the loops along the outer edges of the wing in the middle or bottom where you see them routing the shock cord retractor to keep the wing in. I didn't have time to look at all the wings today (busy day teaching), but I'll try to look at some more wings tomorrow.

Rob,

That is the strange thing about the EXP versus the XT wing. The EXP has the loops all the way down, which is what you see on the video and is clearly adjustable. The XT only has upper and middle loops on the outer edges, and the manual shows this, but still says its adjustable.

Have a look when you get time: It's on page two.

http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_185.pdf

Yep, that's exactly what the original wing looks like, too.

Okay, got a chance to look at more models today. I found one model with the tabs to pull the wing in like shown in the video. This was the 2010 Nomad EXP model. The one without any lettering on the top of the wing. An older EXP model and the XT models did not have the tabs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom