Split Fin vs Straight Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got the point the first time you posted the search button.

You know you guys have always amazed me with your "do a search!" remarks. And it's usually with the noobs. :shakehead: Hell when I had mask fit problems I did a search and did not find my answer so I asked the question. (search mask fit)

Let me see the forum has about 150,000 members and there have been nearly 5,000,000 posts. I don't know what that equates to in threads.

How is the noob supposed knew this is one of those topics in which you don't care to participate or has been covered at length.
Hey, what am I saying? You are participating! Here is a tip. If you see thread topic under new posts that has "split" in it, you don't have to click on it. Although you never know, new thread might have new information. :)

aaawww, are you ok? :baby: :Kissy: (tear)

All I'm doing is pointing out to the OP that the question has been asked numerous times. Should I send flowers and card next time? Would that have been a more tactful way to do it?

...and take some of your own advice - the next time you see one of us "Search-nazis" indiscriminately noob-bashing feel free to turn a blind eye yourself. You're acting like I spit in the guys face.

To the OP - I apologize if you were offended in any way. I will however still continue to use the :search: smiley. :D

I have both. I use split fins when "cruising around". The work great against current, or with current for that matter. I even haul them when I go diving overseas - I love them. But, when one needs to hover or quick turn and do fancy manuevers, you can see why underwater photographers love their Scuba Pro Jet Fins.

The videos shown by Dave (above) are excellent!!!

If you have a set of these two fins, Apollo Split Fins, and Scuba Pro Jet Fins, you will have all you need.

By the way, I have 2 sets of each of them. I haven't lost any fins yet, but these are black and non-floating/sinkers!

Pretty much the same: one pair of Apollos Bio-Fin Pros, one pair of Oceanic Vortex V-12s that I don't use since I got the Apollos, and L and XL Jets. Splits for long-distance navigation dives and maximum efficiency while flutter kicking, jets for boat dives where I'm not swimming far but want to be able to maneuver in tight, and/or silt may be a problem so I may want to use frog kicks. The XL jets tend to give me leg cramps when flutter-kicking (the Ls don't as they have a reasonably-sized blade), but if I need maximum versatility and power that's what I use.

Dave's videos are interesting, but since not all split fins are equal (IIRR, Twin-Jets test in the middle of the pack), I'd like to see him do the same video with say a pair of Bio-Fin Pro XTs, so we can see if the problem is with split fins generally or with _those_ split fins. While I doubt that any split fin will ever be much good at back-kicking, you can certainly frog kick them, but not as efficiently as a blade fin (esp. a paddle blade like a Jet).

Guy

All I'm doing is pointing out to the OP that the question has been asked numerous times.

I doubt that; considering the "sigh" and the "popcorn" icon in your first reply.

I never said you were bashing the guy. Were you?
My point simply was he is new and does not know the ins and outs yet nor what he was stepping into when he said "split fins".

But my opinion remains. New post~new information.

When you respond to questions with "do a search" you discourage discourse. My response to your comments hopefuly will encourage people to reply and join the discussion.

Again, if you think it is repetitive, you don't need to join the discussion. There are a lot of topics to view here.

I did not mean to anger you, thus the smiley face in my post.

I wear Mares Volo "Race" fins.
They have holes in them.
What is better.....
Splits?
Jets?
Holees?

Chug
Could not resist.
Has doved them allz.
Likes what works for you and your companions for whatever reasons imaginable.

My point is why do you need to say anything at all? It was a gentle ribbing. Did you jump all over Mopar, Cajuncru, Downing and a few others?

I gave the OP days worth of reading material AND some insight on the tools the site offers.

Now, :focus:

I need to absorb all this groundbreaking new info on split fins.... :shocked2:

My point is why do you need to say anything at all? It was a gentle ribbing. Did you jump all over Mopar, Cajuncru, Downing and a few others?

I gave the OP days worth of reading material AND some insight on the tools the site offers.

Now, :focus:

I need to absorb all this groundbreaking new info on split fins.... :shocked2:

And there's the attitude and a demonstration that you have nothing to offer. But you are still here! :rofl3: Why? By your scrcastic response you expect to or will not learn anything. LOL You are here to pick a fight or flame. Nothing more.

I said something because I don't want to see you discourage an open discussion. :D

And judging by the fact that people are still responding, you have not gotten the (lack of) response you anticipated with your posts.

Allow the thread to run it's course.

You are reading WWWAAAYYY to far into my initial posts, man. Seriously. I simply thought out loud - as did others. You can't seem to grasp the fact that the thread would have continued on just fine either way - JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO. Leave the policing of threads to the mods and feel free to accept your part in this. What you started here is just as damaging to the thread as what I "allegedly" attempted to do.

Nothing I said in my initial posts was out of line - and I'll stand by that. Who poked who here? If you can't respond to THAT question with anything other than a lesson in semantics and conjecture then let it go and I'll be content to do the same.

OMG.
Are you still here? LOL

You have given me a head ache. Remember "sigh". and :popcorn:

Do you have something to contribute?

Would you like the last word?

:surrender:

you kicked my ass. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom